Center console lid leather cover install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi!

Same issue. Broken latch. Also broken hinge. I see the hinge is available (anyone know how to replace it?), but what about the latch? Still have to buy the whole lid for $650ish?

See this post from the thread at link:

The latch can be replaced with a part from Camry or ES300. The hinge is easy to swap out with screws.

See this post from the thread at link:

The latch can be replaced with a part from Camry or ES300. The hinge is easy to swap out with screws.

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Is there a write-up on how to replace the hinge?

My latch just broke and I work at a Lexus dealer. The latch isn't sold separately. You shouldn't have to pay $650 though. Where do you live?

My latch just broke and I work at a Lexus dealer. The latch isn't sold separately. You shouldn't have to pay $650 though. Where do you live?

Hungary, Europe. There are crazy Toyota/Lexus prices over here - don’t know why:/
Today I was at the dealer to order the hinge - that’s also broken. It cost $90. I believe it’s cheaper over there in the US.

Not sure if this is the part you are talking about - this is the one that fit my 2006 LX. I posted this about a year ago. I had tried epoxy, then looked at 3d printing a part - before I realized the easy solution was to use the Camry part. Cost was about $25 last year.

For anyone who is interested - I purchased this part from ebay: 2002 - 2006 Toyota CAMRY Lexus ES300 Console Armrest LATCH SET black upper latch, and it fit my 2006 LX perfectly. The black color was a perfect match - it is the same part.

You will need to file away some material to make it easer to get to the screws. I used a Dremel with a small router bit and removed enough to allow me to take the screws completely out of the assembly, and allow me to get a screwdriver in to tighten them back up.

This is for the top latch assembly - the blue box in the earlier post. (or the part on the right of my picture.)

latch.jpg

Not sure if this is the part you are talking about - this is the one that fit my 2006 LX. I posted this about a year ago. I had tried epoxy, then looked at 3d printing a part - before I realized the easy solution was to use the Camry part. Cost was about $25 last year.

For anyone who is interested - I purchased this part from ebay: 2002 - 2006 Toyota CAMRY Lexus ES300 Console Armrest LATCH SET black upper latch, and it fit my 2006 LX perfectly. The black color was a perfect match - it is the same part.

You will need to file away some material to make it easer to get to the screws. I used a Dremel with a small router bit and removed enough to allow me to take the screws completely out of the assembly, and allow me to get a screwdriver in to tighten them back up.

This is for the top latch assembly - the blue box in the earlier post. (or the part on the right of my picture.)

latch.jpg

Awesome, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom