Cell Signal Booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
B2C2FF41-A2E2-46C9-9519-640BC4D454EE.jpeg
I did a quick search and I only found one reference to a cell signal booster. I just got back from a trip through rural TX, NM, and CO - places where my AT&T phone is weak or fails. For a few years I’ve used a WeBoost (Wilson) Drive 4G-X Signal booster and it works very well. I’ve played with different antennas and the one out of the box works perfect. Just hook it up and go...with a few disclosures.

This one hooks up wirelessly through the little hershy bar shaped device. It must be at least six feet from the antenna in a straight line. I put it under the side of the Weathertech mat on the passenger side next to the trans tunnel. The antenna and the bar cannot have a line if sight through glass to one another. The antenna must be mounted on metal. I mount it on the roof on the drivers side out the rear hatch. I bought an external antenna mount...but there was a through-glass line of sight...nope. Some of these rules sound crazy, but when you follow them all the lights go green and you can surf the Internet, stream music, text, and (heaven forbid) make a phone call. Works with any cell service as far as I know. It works with my wife’s Verizon work phone and my AT&T.

I have one of these on my work truck, they seem to work pretty well but sounds like I might need to move my antenna back some to get the six feet separation. Come in real handy so I don't have to break out the sat phone that often.

I have one of these on my work truck, they seem to work pretty well but sounds like I might need to move my antenna back some to get the six feet separation. Come in real handy so I don't have to break out the sat phone that often.
I bought a larger antenna when I bought the unit. I mean I come from the bag phone years...might still have one. Bigger must be better. I struggle a bit on my Tacoma. The cab is too short.

I like those pics. Where was that?

So..... where did you move the “Hershey bar” looking thing so it didn’t have line of site? I’ve read reviews on these in Popular Mechanics and such, and they all say these really work, id like yo try one, but with the antenna mounted on the side of the rear pillar, is there someplace out of “line of site “ on an 80? Thanks.... HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

The line of sight thing is through glass where it doesn’t work according to the directions. Bar on the passenger floor board and antenna on the roof on driver’s side works for me. I think it should be better with the bar against the Phone, but hasn’t been necessary for me. I’m running an iPhone 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom