CDL and ABS Light on 1993 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My daughter is driving my locked 80 series back from the beach, she said the CDL and ABS light came on. I undid teh Center Diff Lock switch to keep her from accidentally hitting it. Can anyone confirm it's OK to drive 60 miles with CDL locked in High range?

My daughter is driving my locked 80 series back from the beach, she said the CDL and ABS light came on. I undid teh Center Diff Lock switch to keep her from accidentally hitting it. Can anyone confirm it's OK to drive 60 miles with CDL locked in High range?
Not on a paved surface if it is really engaged.

I agree with Al that it’s really not ideal. With that being said I’ve done it before and suffered no ill affects. CDL stuck on me at URE a few years ago and could not get it to disengage. Drove it back to the shop where I work in High Point, probably 40 miles and left it there over night. The next morning when I got to work it disengaged and had no problems whatsoever…….yet LOL. I will say I took it very easy all the way back, no hard turns and let off the gas pretty much in every turn even the slight ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom