CarPlay emulation - anyone tried it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm considering getting a 2020 LC Heritage given how great the deal are right now but am having some second thoughts given how awful the infotainment is. I found Beat-Sonic on YouTube but I notice they only show up through 2017 or 2018 LCs and don;t list LCs on their website at all. Anyone have experience with the Beat-Sonic iphone mirroring solution or another way to get Apple CarPlay on a 2020 LC?

I haven't read of any changes to this system past the major ones on 2016 models.

Have you called them and asked? That would be my first move.
I sent them an email with no response yet. Also just tried calling the number on their website (714) 994-1085 and got a strange out of order recording. Strange to me there's no evidence on any of the LC forums i've found of anyone successfully using the beat-sonic mirroring or other CarPlay solutions. Am I really the only one that sees this as a huge weakness of the latest LCs? Guess I'm spoiled by our other cars where all this just works....

I sent them an email with no response yet. Also just tried calling the number on their website (714) 994-1085 and got a strange out of order recording. Strange to me there's no evidence on any of the LC forums i've found of anyone successfully using the beat-sonic mirroring or other CarPlay solutions. Am I really the only one that sees this as a huge weakness of the latest LCs? Guess I'm spoiled by our other cars where all this just works....
Discussed many times with few solutions tried. If you get something working, please share.

Discussed many times with few solutions tried. If you get something working, please share.
Will do. Finally got through to the VM at Bear-Sonic and let a message but no call back yet. From other reviews I’ve seen of their systems it sounds like the screen has really low resolution so many apps don’t work right. Additionally because it’s just mirroring the touch screen on the car doesn’t work and you have to keep your phone screen active and unlocked to keep anything displayed on the car screen. So not ideal on lots of ways. All I really want in Google Maps or Waze on a big screen in my line of sight so may just go with a tablet on decent mount. Pretty sad that’s required in a $90k vehicle.

Will do. Finally got through to the VM at Bear-Sonic and let a message but no call back yet. From other reviews I’ve seen of their systems it sounds like the screen has really low resolution so many apps don’t work right. Additionally because it’s just mirroring the touch screen on the car doesn’t work and you have to keep your phone screen active and unlocked to keep anything displayed on the car screen. So not ideal on lots of ways. All I really want in Google Maps or Waze on a big screen in my line of sight so may just go with a tablet on decent mount. Pretty sad that’s required in a $90k vehicle.
Take a look at pro clip. I have mounted mine on the passenger side vent.

Take a look at pro clip. I have mounted mine on the passenger side vent.
thanks for the tip I'll look into those. Can you share what clip you're using and what you mounted with it? Trying to figure out how temporary/portable a solution i want to go with and if if should use my existing 10" ipad pro or go buy a mini or and android tablet of some sort.

thanks for the tip I'll look into those. Can you share what clip you're using and what you mounted with it? Trying to figure out how temporary/portable a solution i want to go with and if if should use my existing 10" ipad pro or go buy a mini or and android tablet of some sort.
Here are couple of pictures. They have a version of the phone holder that can charge phone too. Key there is the piece that attaches to the truck that is custom fit for the LC16+. The phone holder is attached to it, but you can buy something else from other sources if you want to do a different solution like a tablet holder, etc... I am using iPhone Max so it works really well. The platform is very solid.
image4-3.jpeg
image1-3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom