carburetor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking at rebuilt OEM carbs online and noticed that cruiserparts.net's rebuilt carb is slightly cheaper than SOR's. Does anybody have any personal experience dealing with either of these rebuilds? Should I go with a rebuild, go new, or go with a webber?

If you have a stock carb (AISIN) you can send it to one of the rebuilders on the board. I have used Jim Chenoweth (FJ40Jim) three times now and the carbs have worked really great. He will rebuild for your needs (smog, desmog, high altitude). Expect to pay around $300 assuming that all it needs is a cleaning and rebuild kit. Jim runs it on a 2F engine before he sends it to you.

I would say go with a weber. I put a 38dgas on mine with a adapter to fit the stock air cleaner and a cable kit. I have not had any issues so far. Throttle response and control are much better. My mileage went up also. I you do get one get the electric choke kit. The water choke is a nightmare.

Ben

Ack! Not the weber / stock / holley carb thing again! Use the search function and you'll get so much back you'll be reading for hours.

I just put a rebuilt on from cruiser parts. I only have about 100 miles on it but it seems fine. My old carb was original on a 1987 FJ60 and was leaking gas. Starting was hard especially after a day or to because the fuel bowl would be dry.

The new carb works good, starting is much better, especially after it has been sitting. The chock also seems much more effective for cold starting. I think acceleration is more responsive, smoother and firmer but nothing really outstanding.

I still have that little flat spot in power the truck has had since the day I bought it (around 2300 rpm) I went back to Toyota for about a year in 1988 and it always came back the same so it must be systematic.

I'm no sure if I have received a credit for my core yet but I've used them for other parts and not had problems with core charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom