Car Trailer service????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 22" steel deck car hauler, its about 10 years old with no prior service, Im getting it ready for a Moab run.

As far as I know its never had bearing service, My question is that Im addng Bearing Buddie's to each hub, the trailer supply shop here(Big Texx outlet) said just put on the Buddies and put six pumps of grease into the Hub???? does this sound cool?

Also have a broken spring hanger and need new mounts for chains on the 80........but thats just a welder and grinder job.....plus new winch for the front:whoops:

Last edited:
They should have re-packed the bearings, That sucks that they think six pumps of grease will suffice after 10 years....:bang:

That company sounds like it's run by a bunch of six pump chumps:flipoff2:

I have a 22" steel deck car hauler, its about 10 years old with no prior service, Im getting it ready for a Moab run.

As far as I know its never had bearing service, My question is that Im addng Bearing Buddie's to each hub, the trailer supply shop here(Big Texx outlet) said just put on the Buddies and put six pumps of grease into the Hub???? does this sound cool?

No, it does not sound cool.

I would spend the time now, while it is at your house, and not on the side of the road, to clean/inspect the bearings/races, replace the seals, and purchase two spare sets of bearings/races/seals and dust caps. It is cheap insurance.

Bearing buddies are fine, as long as the whole hub is full of grease, but if it is empty between the outer and inner wheel bearing, you will not get grease to the inner wheel bearings, unless you pump the hell out of them for a while, and even then, you cannot be sure that the inner bearings are greased.

I have not ever been a fan of, nor used bearing buddies on any of my trailers. I have repaired wheel bearings on trailers equipped with bearing buddies.

:beer:

Ok sounds good, torched off the bent spring hanger, smashed my thumb and got it all set for bearing repack, will fill the hubs with grease then not use much from the buddies, got each on for 5 bucks so that should work, might even give the steel deck and fenders some new paint. gotta be cool at Moab right?

Bearings replaced, kept two for spares, new spring hanger on and bushings.
Welded the fenders back tight after they wee used for steps for too long and added new tie down anchors.

Bearings replaced, kept two for spares, new spring hanger on and bushings.
Welded the fenders back tight after they wee used for steps for too long and added new tie down anchors.

Crap :bang: Now I really feel bad :crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom