Camp Nejedly run 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Only one trip this year, I can only go the second weekend, the 30th, but go either weekend you can. If you don't have Jay's email and want to participate, pm me and I'll send it to you. If you have any questions, ask away. I've done it a handful of times and it is a great time for a great cause. I plan to camp the night before on the lakes loop somewhere near Graeagle. Last time I camped at Snag lake with a few other guys.

Dear group leaders and 4x4 drivers,

Camp Nejedly 2022 is looking for a bunch of 4x4ers that would be willing to transport kids and their wheelchairs and gear plus counselors and their gear on a two hour trek to and/or from camp in the High Sierras. The campsite is a bit remote so you need a capable 4x4 with a little clearance and 4low. Most of the trail is easy with just two really challenging spots. The trail is only 11 miles but we take it really slow, 2 hours, to keep them safe, so if you are looking for a thrill, please not with these kids.

The dates for the treks are as follows:
July 23, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
July 30, Saturday at 9:45 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.

If you would like to participate, please have space available in your rig for at least 1 camper and 1 counselor and maybe some gear. We would like to make sure that everyone that participates has a great time, so we are asking for a little cooperation and a little information beforehand so we can plan. If you really want a camper in your rig, just say so and we will try to make it happen, especially for the first-timers.

We need space for 48 campers and counselors and their stuff on the opening inbound trip and the closing outbound trip, about 40 vehicles each day. All of the people and gear go in or come out on those days.

In the past, the inbound trip was mostly Diablo 4 Wheelers and Hills Angels groups. The middle weekend was covered by Grass Valley 4x4 club and some folks from RV West. The last day of camp had been the FJ NorCal, Tahoe-Donner, and Tacoma World groups plus some locals. We need to work together on assignments. For individuals that email me to sign-up, please be flexible and patient as I need to fill-in large groups first then add you where needed.

We need a list of the vehicles, color, opened or closed, number of seats for campers, and if room for gear.

And a little suggestion/hint - get a cb radio and preferably a ham radio to communicate in the wilderness. Cell phones don't work and cb's are spotty. For trail safety, we alternate experienced drivers with rookies and keep the driver behind you in your rear-view mirror to make sure nobody gets lost.

Please circulate this information to get the word out to come and help some kids that really need our help.

See you on the trail,

Jay ***ushima
Transportation Coordinator
Camp Nejedly

Last edited:
Anyone wanting to help with this? I have a few buddies going up with me. I know fuel is high, but if you can, it means a lot to the kids who never get to do this kind of thing.

Got an email from Jay yesterday. They are still looking for 20 vehicles for the trip out on the 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom