Builds Camo's build thread - 2F to 2UZ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many 16oz cans of rattle can do y'all think it'll take to cover this 60 well? I'm thinking 36. That works out to 6 cases. Thoughts?

How many coats?

How many coats?

Enough to cover. I'd figure at least 3 moderate ones. It's gonna be redneck, no doubt, but im trying to keep it classy, i.e. no runs.

I’d say you are right. You can wet sand and buff it will look good.

Running more checks and measurements now that she's on her dancing shoes before starting the cut and turn:

20210328_160358.jpg

Hard to passenger at nearly full stuff and the truck came to a stop. Sheetmetal is gonna get moved. Oil filter had another inch or so to go, but it'll be next on the list to watch out for.

After putting a few miles on this thing, I dont regret moving to the auto at all. The 750 is perfect here.

I may have missed the follow up to this. Did this work?

I failed to follow up there. Yup, works like a charm. It's about 15% slow, which is about right for the tires and gears it's running.

Another bit of info I forgot to post:

There is a slight difference in the LC and 4Runner 750 shifter systems that needs to be noted.

Using the 4runner shifter and associated bell crank from the A750E on the A750F will lead to very high shift effort - so high that I'm worried about durability of some of the plastic pieces in the shifter mechanism. This is due to a difference in the mechanical detent arm in the respective units. These detent arms are mounted by a couple M6 screws, so just swap them out. I'll try and bring some pics to this once I pull the pans.

**Edited to add a bit of comparative info in response to a question - 4runner uses a cable shifter, while LC/LX uses a traditional rod linkage. The cable shifter is plenty durable when used with the rest of its intended components and the 4runner set up allows you to put it wherever you like (HUGE help - see previous posts). The LC/LX shifter linkage is substantially stiffer, and has the mechanical advantage to allow smooth operation with the stiff shift detent in the trans.

Last edited:
Another improvement...

Moved to an LS430 oil filter mount. Gains 1/2" of oil filter clearance. Not as much as I'd hoped for, but it should do the trick.

Before:
20210404_094228.jpg

After:
20210404_111131.jpg

Bolts right up. Had to change one cooler hose and find a shorter bolt for the AC compressor.

Loving this UZ lego drawer.

Its a tough life, having to burp a cooling system. I got a really patient helper this time.

20210404_145421.jpg

Looking at the after pic I would recommend making some bump stop lowering brackets. I accidentally hit an unseen berm with an old jeep I had, and the suspension compressed so much the front diff hit the balancer on the engine.

Looking at the after pic I would recommend making some bump stop lowering brackets. I accidentally hit an unseen berm with an old jeep I had, and the suspension compressed so much the front diff hit the balancer on the engine.

It's definitely getting bump stop extensions. With enough force, the axle could get into the engine in a couple spots.

Big step. She looks pretty weird like this:

20210406_081515.jpg

Had to hit pause for a friend's wedding this past weekend, but I'm back at it.

20210413_221613.jpg

Cutting and turning tomorrow.

Saving for later. For those looking at holding bigger power through a locked FF rear, this is the cleanest execution I've seen thus far IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom