Buying 08 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to check out a white 08 gx with 175K for 11k tomorrow. Anything I needs to lookout for? ( TB done at 120K. 11K market pricing ?)

Thanks

CarFax, maintenance records, state or states it's lived in, dash recall done (?), body gaps, chassis rust (surface okay), leaks...etc...

CarFax, maintenance records, state or states it's lived in, dash recall done (?), body gaps, chassis rust (surface okay), leaks...etc...
Thanks, I will see the GX in am. any where I can get free information similar to carfax? it's Private seller in Southern California.

All I can say is...CarFax is well worth the expense...it's not perfect, it can't/won't reveal everything, but when it does reveal something it can even save you a trip looking at a truck that isn't worth your time. I bought a 25-car subscription to AutoCheck as most dealers offer the CarFax for free these days. AutoCheck revealed a minor fender bender my truck was in that CarFax did not. Between CarFax, AutoCheck, and looking up the VIN thru Lexus and seeing their service history, I made a very informed purchase on my truck.

I'm going to check out a white 08 gx with 175K for 11k tomorrow. Anything I needs to lookout for? ( TB done at 120K. 11K market pricing ?)

Thanks
Waiting for another, skipped this 1. Drove up LA area this morning, the traffic very bad/accidents, drove 4 plus hrs. Drove test everything good. Ask about the timing belt receive and told it's still good no needs to replace anything. The owner stated his mechanic rec a few years ago, but he declined. When time to sign the title over, the owner said ,only can do the bill of sale, because he took out a loan , and used the GX pink slip. Asked to pay for it today and take the car home, when he paid it off to the loan company and he will give me the pink slip. I told my wife let go.

Sounds like a great scam. Pay me now for this stolen car and I’ll mail you pink slip later! Yikes!

im helping a friend buy a Prius listed on Craigslist. I call the guy up and he asks if I’m ready to buy. I say yes, but text me vin # to run a carfax. Click! He hangs up. Bunch of sleazebags out there

Sounds like a great scam. Pay me now for this stolen car and I’ll mail you pink slip later! Yikes!

im helping a friend buy a Prius listed on Craigslist. I call the guy up and he asks if I’m ready to buy. I say yes, but text me vin # to run a carfax. Click! He hangs up. Bunch of sleazebags out there
Yes, it’s a scary world out there, between Craigslist scams and Texas flood damage, I am considering a well documented CARMAX vehicle. I might pay more today, but I’ll feel better down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom