1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Be Aware: 1989 HJ61 - HJ61014296

Discussion in 'Land Cruisers Direct' started by SteveJackson, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM.

1. SteveJackson

SteveJackson Supporting Vendor

Media:
    1989 HJ61
    VIN HJ61014296 (HJ61-014296)
    Private Seller, Rego Park, New York

Odometer reads 134,XXX KM, truck was sold in Japan with 233,163 KM. Odometer has been rolled back 100,000 KM. Seller has listed on eBay several times and listed on Bring A Trailer. Auction sheet showing correct mileage when sold in Japan is included in the photos at the bottom, but description still claims "134k kms". Seller is aware of the discrepancy.

Disclaimer:
    Per several discussions in the classifieds sections here on 'mud, the community has indicated that they would appreciate that I share information about vehicles I see for sale in North America, when documented historical information is available.

Unless otherwise noted, I make no further claims about this vehicle as I have not inspected it personally. Also unless otherwise noted, I give the seller the benefit of the doubt as to whether they are aware of this information.

This information is being provided as a service to the Land Cruiser and Ih8mud communities to encourage transparency in the representation and sale of out-of-market LC's.

Sometimes when I send this information to sellers, they respond with something along the lines of "how would you like it if I posted the auction reports for all of your trucks?" My response is always, "feel free." At LCD, we go out of our way to disclose everything we know about any vehicle we are selling. Our direct access to vehicles in Japan and other markets allows us to get history information not typically available to most importers. We don't buy any trucks with any kind of wreck/repair history, anything with less than a 3.0 rating (at auction), or anything with any odometer discrepancies.

HJ61-4296.png

Attached Files:

beno likes this.