bushwacker flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone added the bushwacker flares to the FJ? Is is simply cosmetic or does is add any wheel clearance?

Last edited:
yup

Yup, I just got them today. I'll post pics tonight. It looks like there is more clearance, but it's probably just an optical illusion. I def need to get wider tires though because they kinda look sucked in.
They look pretty sick though. Way better than stock in my opinion.

right on ya id like to see some pics, and how much did they run you?

Bushwacker Flares.jpg
Bushwacker Flares.jpg

i beleave they are between 400 and 500 beans kind of high dollar for plastic. but they do look good.

Flares

DSC00867.jpg

Im not on this forum much, but I got a set recently. I paid a little over 330 for them. Im not impressed with the quality, but I really like the look. Its kind of a permanent move, because you have to remove the old flares, which involves cutting them at the base of the front fender flare. Either way Im satisfied, and it gave my truck a very aggressive look, that sets it apart.

I have 285's (basically 33s) and no mount chop, and before the lift I had no rub except when braking and turning hard at the same time (causing the front suspension to flex), i then got the very slightest rub. Now with the new flares, no rub. However, you would get the same amount of clearance if you just remove your mud flaps.

Looks good on the silver, didn't think i would like it much but it's growing on me. In my neck of the woods these flares are selling for 6 to 7 hundred.

DSC00867.jpg

Im not on this forum much, but I got a set recently. I paid a little over 330 for them. Im not impressed with the quality, but I really like the look. Its kind of a permanent move, because you have to remove the old flares, which involves cutting them at the base of the front fender flare. Either way Im satisfied, and it gave my truck a very aggressive look, that sets it apart.

I have 285's (basically 33s) and no mount chop, and before the lift I had no rub except when braking and turning hard at the same time (causing the front suspension to flex), i then got the very slightest rub. Now with the new flares, no rub. However, you would get the same amount of clearance if you just remove your mud flaps.

6 or 7 hundred for plastic flares? That is outrageous. For that much money I'd have custom flares made.

Theres a place here in edmonton looking at charging bout $550 for this kit.

I do have a few questions on this.
1) is there any metal/panel cutting to get these on
2) is it poss to go back to stock flares in the future
3) are they any better at keeping the crap from covering the side doors an such being bigger
4)any added drill holes and such into factory panels ?
Thanks for the aswers in advance.

ill try toanswer your questions been a while since read the install instructions 1 no metal cuting 2 dont think you can have to cut some part of them 3 yes 4 dont think you do beleave i read they use mounting holes wherew factory was.

very sweet with them aswers looks like i will take a trip to the shop an get me a pair lol was wondering what to add next.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom