Bushing upgrade necessary? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Buying a 2.5” lift from Dobinsons for my LJ78 Prado, but they are sold out of the polyurethane bushing kit. They do however have an adjustable caster bushing kit. Would this be worth a buy or should I wait until the bushing kit is back in stock? Or should I skip the bushing upgrade all together.? Miles on the vehicle are around 59k.

Hi @manaraja

If you are going for a 2.5" lift, go with the correction bushes. You will also need front and rear sway bar extenders.

1669582610762.png

1669582625735.png

1669582638034.png

I only went with extenders and correction bushes on my LJ78.

Not sure about the adjustable front caster bushings?

You will need caster correction bushings for a 2.5" lift. I would strongly recommend the rubber bushings, the polyurethane bushings don't have a good reputation for longevity and adversely effect axle articulation.

You will also want the sway bar extensions; I just made a pair for my front sway bar and am planning to make them for the rear. They're easy to make if you have access to some light fabrication tools (angle grinder and welder).

You will need caster correction bushings for a 2.5" lift. I would strongly recommend the rubber bushings, the polyurethane bushings don't have a good reputation for longevity and adversely effect axle articulation.

You will also want the sway bar extensions; I just made a pair for my front sway bar and am planning to make them for the rear. They're easy to make if you have access to some light fabrication tools (angle grinder and welder).
Thank you for your help! I’m getting sway bar extensions from Dobinsons as well.

I second staying away from the poly bushings. They really kill articulation, and make for a stiff ride. I have the type nomadtribe pictured above (they work in front AND back!), and my truck is a marshmellow with them and articulates well. I run either no sway bars, or just a rear one only. I never got around to extending the links....have a 3" lift or so.

I second staying away from the poly bushings. They really kill articulation, and make for a stiff ride. I have the type nomadtribe pictured above (they work in front AND back!), and my truck is a marshmellow with them and articulates well. I run either no sway bars, or just a rear one only. I never got around to extending the links....have a 3" lift or so.
Right on! So I can just buy two of the rubber bushing kits, one for the front and one for the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom