Burn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Rod, it's been a week and haven't heard much from you. Just checking in to see how your injury is doing? Did you get the infection cleared up?

Take care,
Craig

Still working on the infection.Got two more I.V. antibiotic treatments to go in for.I have an appiontment mid week at the burn clinic at V.G.H. Might have to get a skin graft.The burn was pretty bad,second degree about four by eight inch.The pain is starting to subside with the help of T-3's.I sure now have alot of empathy for burn patient's.The DR. told me that the burn was only about 1% of my body mass.I can only imagine the pain people feel who are in house fires and suffer with a larger % of burn.

No,I haven't heard from them.The estimator spoke with Steve on Friday.Apparently their'er sending Elsie back home by mid week and not considering write-off.

I sure now have alot of empathy for burn patient's.The DR. told me that the burn was only about 1% of my body mass.I can only imagine the pain people feel who are in house fires and suffer with a larger % of burn.

Ya, you got that right. And at no minimization of what you feel either. I don't think anyone who has not been burned can imagine. I can't, but I've seen. Nice that you brought this thought into your experience Rod...

For all of us working this shift it was a day to remember, which needn't be gone into in detail, because it pales in comparison to where Heidi has taken her life since this happened: http://www.heidicave.com/

Vancouver is host to the World Burn Congress this October: http://www.burnfund.org/news_events/news/2007_02_21_burn_congress.php

Speedy healing Rod. The Vancouver Burn Center is well known and very good at what it does.

Get you healed, get Elsie healed, and lets do the Crawl and the Alexander McKenzie trail next year!~

gb

I'm no wimp and have a very high threshold to pain but there was times before I got pain pills that I was curled up in tears.Those POOR POOR people who have to deal with this on a much larger scale then I.My heart just tears and goes out to them.I as an individual can't do much but know from this day forth I will never pass a Fire Fighters boot again without emptying my pockets.

ive spent some time in the burn clinic visiting a good friend who had burns to over 30% of his body , he was on dilaudid for weeks and was on the isolation ward for just under a month , and he was very grateful to be alive and just happy his burns were not to his face .

Rod; Glad to here your on the mend. Did the ICBC adjuster give you any static about the repair and the tow bill ?. See you at the next meeting, I.ll bring your gear. Barry

hey ROD you have to get better i need you to help me get unstuck, i hope you are feeling better
aaron

I'm no wimp and have a very high threshold to pain but there was times before I got pain pills that I was curled up in tears.Those POOR POOR people who have to deal with this on a much larger scale then I.My heart just tears and goes out to them.I as an individual can't do much but know from this day forth I will never pass a Fire Fighters boot again without emptying my pockets.

Update Rod? How goes the healing...

And, many times the boot goes to MS (which is a great thing in itself). We (Abbotsford) do the burn fund...keeping much of the boot local, some to VGH burn unit, and some to the Burn Camp for kids the Professional Firefighters of BC hosts.

If you want to suport the VGH burn unit through a charity, then the current Hometown Heros lotto is the one. I have my tickets...http://www.heroeslottery.com/07/main.php

Hope you don't mind the plug Rod.

gb

I've taken a turn for the good.Awoke on Saturday and the pain was gone but the itching is driveing me insane.I know the itching is a good thing,a sign of healing but holy cow.I have to go into the burn clinic once aweek for the next 3-4 weeks for them to check the dressing.The dressing is an odd thing.The pad that they put on over the burn is called an Aquacell.They don't remove that pad they just trim around it as the skin grows over the burn.The drag is that I can't get it wet, so in this hot weather I just can't hop into a cold shower to cool down.The hold process of wrapping my leg in plastic and taping it with water proff tape takes awhile.Good thing I found a good use for all those plastic grocery bags that have been accumilating over the years.
The plug is great Greg.Yes I already know of the Home Town Hero's Lottery, I've bought 16 tickets.When do the Fire Fighters usually start thier Boot drives.

Yeah, go figure.I don't get it either.
As far as Elsie goes.She's home(at Steve's,home away from home).That's as much as I know.To top every thing else off I was down with the Flu since Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom