BUILD: Third time's a charm - LX450 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what i did underneath the scoop i used silicone to glue 1/4 vacuum line in front and around the hood hole so basically it stops the rain from going in the engine bay not 100 % but helps a lot
I used a strip of bulb seal weather stripping with adhesive backing to to the same thing and create a bit of a dam for rain water to not have an easy path into the engine bay.

As they all eventually do, my ARB’s powder coat was showing its age and I didn’t have the heart to reinstall it after cleaning up the hood/fenders

E455B34B-FF5D-4F19-BEA0-6D0332F33FA0.jpeg

3D49C2FB-46D3-45A4-A316-93EC8796EE3C.jpeg

Last edited:
So unfortunately my rebuilt redhead steering box gave way about 100 yards into our first trail at Coal Mine. We suspect the teflon seal in an old worn out box simply could not handle the added pressure with the tires airdown and the going through some rocks. Mind you, the box was flawless for the three months prior when it was only being driven on the street.

Instead of rebuild the unit again, I opted to replace it with a new OEM unit since they already have the 105 sector shaft. Swapped over the pitman arm and back in business.

steering box.jpg

steer2.jpg

steer3.jpg

Next up was the seats. I would never say the Corbeau's were bad, but there are some small things I believe could have been done better. They served their purpose for several years and a very cost-effective solution to a tired 80 series seat that needs replacement.

I ended up with a pair of Vario F seats, with heaters and driver's armrest.

eats 6.jpg

Last edited:
Assembly is fairly well documented here on Mud, so not a whole lot to share. It's pretty straight forward. Digging for the armrest mounting holes can be a little unnerving but it all worked out.

Toby was great to work with and sent me a ton of leather samples, as I debated doing full leather. After much debated, ended up sticking with the standard brown leatherette with cloth and the planted seat brackets.

seats.jpg

seats2.jpg

scheel.jpg

scheel2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom