BUILD: Third time's a charm - LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In an effort to preserve the STT's, I picked up a worn out set of Sequoia wheels, had them powder coated "argento" and had @OTRAMM mount some 37x12.5 Cooper Discoverer AT3's.

The MT's really ride great for what they are, but the AT's are crazy smooth and quiet. I commute 2-3 days/week (100 miles) in the truck so having this second set was justifiable...kinda.

note: the black steelies are FJCruiser wheels so using Sequoia wheels allowed me to keep my 1.25" trail gear wheel spacers for either set of wheels/tires.

mts.jpg

ats.jpg

ats2.jpg

Last edited:
In an effort to preserve the STT's, I picked up a worn out set of Sequoia wheels, had them powder coated "argento" and had @OTRAMM mount some 37x12.5 Cooper Discoverer AT3's.

The MT's really ride great for what they are, but the AT's are crazy smooth and quiet. I commute 2-3 days/week (100 miles) in the truck so having this second set was justifiable...kinda.

note: the black steelies are FJCruiser wheels so using Sequoia wheels allowed me to keep my 1.25" trail gear wheel spacers for either set of wheels/tires.

View attachment 2854346

View attachment 2854347

View attachment 2854348
Not to be rude, but I'm curious as to why you mounted your hood scoop "backwards"?

Not to be rude, but I'm curious as to why you mounted your hood scoop "backwards"?
No offense taken. This scoop is used by several folks here and both orientations have been used. I opted for backwards to reduce the amount of rainwater getting in and b/c the airflow seems to work well flowing from the radiator and out of the scoop at higher speeds.

Great looking rig and makes me want to do an LS swap.

Can't have too many pics of 37's. They fit the 80 well.

Setup shown is same OME J's all around, 1" Body lift, full armor, 17" FJC steelies and 1.5" wheel spacers.

Sadly, I've had this setup for about one year and not been able to truly wheel it. All test flexing shows little to no rub, but hopefully we can truly test it soon. Truck was down from May-October '20 (more to come on that) so didn't get to do any wheeling.

View attachment 2479397

View attachment 2479398

View attachment 2479399

View attachment 2479400

the black steelies are FJCruiser wheels so using Sequoia wheels allowed me to keep my 1.25" trail gear wheel spacers for either set of wheels/tires.

View attachment 2854346

View attachment 2854347

View attachment 2854348
Love your truck with the 37s! They just look like they’re supposed to fit an 80 series.

Quick question - What size are your wheel spacers? I see 1.5” and 1.25” mentioned in your thread.

Love your truck with the 37s! They just look like they’re supposed to fit an 80 series.

Quick question - What size are your wheel spacers? I see 1.5” and 1.25” mentioned in your thread.
Good catch. they are 1.25". i need to go fix that typo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom