Broken U-Joint Flange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are new to the FJ Cruiser world and are in the process of making repairs to our recent purchase. When replacing the u-joint on the FJ, found the rear u-joint flange on the rear drive shaft to have broken corner. The corner was broken off where the bolt attaches. Does anyone know of a u-joint flange that can be used to replace the broken flange. Toyota does not show a replacement as they only sell a complete drive shaft assembly. We are currently driving the FJ with the broken flange in place with all four bolts, but I don't like the idea of trusting a compromised part. In addition, there is no way the drive shaft is balanced. We are not experiencing any shimmy or vibration, but I still want it right. Ours is an automatic with 4X4. Any help, ideas or suggestions are welcome. God Bless, Ed

Maybe look for the whole drive shaft in a salvage yard? One from a similar-vintage 4Runner would probably have the same flanges, even if not the same length of the whole shaft.

Maybe look for the whole drive shaft in a salvage yard? One from a similar-vintage 4Runner would probably have the same flanges, even if not the same length of the whole shaft.
Finding an FJ or 4Runner in a salvage yard in my area has been like finding a needle in a haystack. No luck so far. Thank you for taking the time to reply. God Bless, Ed

I'd be surprised if it was different than the 60mmx60mm thats been used on non CV 4wd toyotas since the late 80s. Tacomas eventually went 66mmx66mm but the FJ flanges look like the same ones I've always seen.

Might find a 90s pickup/4runner, 1st/ 2nd gen Tacoma or 3rd gen 4runner. I've mixed parts from all of those without issue if you just need the flanged yoke to put on your shaft.

Toyota CV patterns vary a bit but the single joint stuff has been consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom