Brake line locking device... Any experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have front and rear Sam Biondo line locks with separate controls. These are electrically-activated locks, with each axle being controlled independently of the other. Summit Racing part #SBR-LL at about $39. I am 200% satisfied with their function. But be aware, line locks are for short-term use, since the brake line pressure could leak off over a period of several hours. For short-term use, they are fantastic.

hijacker

:flipoff2: j/k :)

handcannon said:
No experience with brake locks, but I am looking for a mechanical locking device. About a year ago I found a site for-- www.brakelock.com. Recently decided it was time to do something about it and tried to go to brakelock website and got the message that I was not authorized to access the site. Their brakelock unit worked on both front and rear systems and used a cylindrical key to operate it, thus giving what appeared to be a good security system in addition to a help for the stock driveshaft brake. Does anybody on here know of a similar item to what I described?

:flipoff2: j/k :cheers:

Vortec_Cruiser said:
I have front and rear Sam Biondo line locks with separate controls. These are electrically-activated locks, with each axle being controlled independently of the other. Summit Racing part #SBR-LL at about $39. I am 200% satisfied with their function. But be aware, line locks are for short-term use, since the brake line pressure could leak off over a period of several hours. For short-term use, they are fantastic.

I normally park in gear, I'm just looking for something that will keep my cruiser in place with the motor running on the trail.

risingsunfj40 said:
I normally park in gear, I'm just looking for something that will keep my cruiser in place with the motor running on the trail.
These work great for that, but also give me peace-of-mind when I have to temporarly park on a steep hill. To me, putting the trans in gear and pulling the parking brake are not sufficient in a case like this. ;)

Vortec_Cruiser said:
These work great for that, but also give me peace-of-mind when I have to temporarly park on a steep hill. To me, putting the trans in gear and pulling the parking brake are not sufficient in a case like this. ;)

I think my preference would lean towards mechanical vice electrical. Seems like it would serve my purpose and be useful for parking situations too.

Bret--thanks for the info. Looks like it may do what I am wanting,assist for parking brake.Install should not be a problem for me.Due to rust pitting on some of my brake lines I pulled all brake and clutch steel lines and am in the process of replacing them along with doing 4 wheel discs. Since these locks were made for VeeWee,s maybe they will be metric and I won't have to cut and reflare the new lines. I know I have a cut and reflare to do to install the proportioning valve.

Vortec- Is that bad? Dune buggies need brakes too.

To make putting stuff in and changing it easier I used AN adapters at the junction bluck on the pass side frame rail and the proportioning valve I jave mounted to the brake booster, then used pre-made -3 SS braided lines to connect everything together. It made everything quick and leak free the first time. It also gives you built in trail spares if you damage the brake line from the frame to the axle. (I used the same adapters throughout) Makes it very easy to change your mind and explore mounting options. I mounted the bulkhead fittings high in the center on the firewall and it keeps stuff outta the way.
You can also make your own lines to whatever lengths you need with re-usable ends. They are your brakes though so....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom