Brake Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

are the stop tech ones extended length? Looking for slightly longer for the rear frame to axle brake lines
I got mine fro SLEE and it came with 6 hoses, one for ea corner and 2 for the upper & lower ctr rear. My lift is about 3" in rear and I was concerned like you about getting longer hoses. The Slee hoses for both CTR rear are about 2.5" longer than stock, so on full droop that will keep your hoses from breaking under load and is what the Dr. ordered to keep you on the trail instead of scratching your head knowing you just found the weak link in the chain 30 miles from nowhere.

i have heard that there are extended center ones for GX470 that fit our center lines. I have not confirmed myself.
You know, I think you're on to something! Besides my 04LX, I also have an 05GX. Both have Ironman lifts and I did put Metaltech extended length SS brake lines in the rear of the GX to keep from ripping the hoses on full droop. I ordered the GX hoses before I got the ones for my LX and the thought did cross my mind about ordering GX hoses for the LX but figured, nah, they won't work.

Here's what I'll do since I'm working on my LX today installing a new steering rack, I'll take measurements of both the LX and the GX hoses and take close-up pics of the end connectors to see if they'll work, which I believe they are the same. I believe the ones for the GX (there's two) are way longer than the ones for the LX (also has two). I won't be able to post the pics until either later tonight or tomorrow though as I'm gonna be busy wrenching, but I'll try to get good pics because this was a real worry for me (axle droop vs brake hose length) and I'm sure it's a valid concern to many others.

I just thought about comparing the old hoses, but now that I think about it, I realized I threw them all away several days after install. No worries, though, after today we'll all know for sure!

Sorry for the long rant below but I've got other posts oustanding and this should answer most others for now:

It's been raining for 8 straight days here in north Florida (J-ville). Between rain, this weekend I R&R the steering rack, pump, reservoir, pressure & return lines and even put in a pwr steering magnetic filter. This was in addition to draining the trans pan, R&R the filter, cleaning the pan & installing HD magnets, and doing a complete flush w/12 QTS Valvoline Max Life ATF. For good measure, I even installed a Derale external filter setup with all new Gates 3/8" trans line. I took tons of pics and am going to do a writeup in case it helps out anyone. However, right now I'm in the middle of a nightmare scenario as when you remove the steering coupling from the steering rack and then your son turns the steering wheel around and around - well, it broke the intermediate shaft electrical coupling and that's a $1600 repair. DOA? Well, lucky for me I have another 04LX that I can cannibalize parts if need be, so right now I have both vehicles without steering columns (that was a learning experience). I was going to put in the "spare" column but the ignition key/lock would have to be transferred and I couldn't figure it out. So I decided to just cannibalize the intermediate shaft coupling, and to my surprise upon reinstall - the steering column got stuck inside the column like it was a magnet and now I can't get the column rod to come back out! WTF over!!! I'm really in deep s*** if I don't figure this out.

I did take a pic this morning before the rain of the GX lines and I realize I need to remove the tire and put it on jacks if I'm going to get good measurements. Glad I started vacation today or else I would be in a major dilemma to get to work. No matter how good you are at turning wrenches, stuff like this really humbles you out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom