Brake caliper upgrade. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone
This question is about brake calipers,
Is there anyone who sell aftermarket brake caliper that is made plug and play upgrade for the 70series?
I’m looking on Brand’s like wilwood, brembo, apracing and etc.
Oem brakes will always be oem . I looked at wilwood 6piston kit, not intrested on it. The cost is crazy.

Cheers

First thing I would check is if there are any improved variations on Landcruiser brakes that would bolt up. Not sure what you have now but there is definitely more than 1 OEM front disc/caliper option that will bolt up to a 70 series axle.

You may have done it already but a double diaphragm booster (as per 80 series) is a really easy upgrade too.

Cheers
Clint

I found wilwoods on my brothers race car flexed a heap of a lot,to the point of uneven wear and bad brake fade and a small fire, stock skyline R32 4 pot calipers actually worked better

First thing I would check is if there are any improved variations on Landcruiser brakes that would bolt up. Not sure what you have now but there is definitely more than 1 OEM front disc/caliper option that will bolt up to a 70 series axle.

You may have done it already but a double diaphragm booster (as per 80 series) is a really easy upgrade too.

Cheers
Clint

I’m going the aftermarket route. Pretty much done with oem calipers . But yes multiple fitment.

I found wilwoods on my brothers race car flexed a heap of a lot,to the point of uneven wear and bad brake fade and a small fire, stock skyline R32 4 pot calipers actually worked better

The one which is 4pot and says “nissan” on it?

Hey everyone
This question is about brake calipers,
Is there anyone who sell aftermarket brake caliper that is made plug and play upgrade for the 70series?
I’m looking on Brand’s like wilwood, brembo, apracing and etc.
Oem brakes will always be oem . I looked at wilwood 6piston kit, not intrested on it. The cost is crazy.

Cheers

It would be helpful if you told us what year/model 7x we are talking about.

Not the 79 series , the 70,71,75,77 series . Mine is a kzj78.

In the same years I think they all use the same rotors/calipers/pads. At least the 1990+ HZJ73/HZJ77/PZJ77/KZJ78 do. I'd have to dig through the EPC to find exact models/years though.

I see there are lots of upgrades available for the next generation 70 series with 5 wheel studs, but not as much for the 6 stud ones.

I've never looked closely at 80 series stuff to see if there is any way they could be used, but the 80 calipers/rotors are much bigger for sure.

In the same years I think they all use the same rotors/calipers/pads. At least the 1990+ HZJ73/HZJ77/PZJ77/KZJ78 do. I'd have to dig through the EPC to find exact models/years though.

I see there are lots of upgrades available for the next generation 70 series with 5 wheel studs, but not as much for the 6 stud ones.

I've never looked closely at 80 series stuff to see if there is any way they could be used, but the 80 calipers/rotors are much bigger for sure.

Hdj80 & hzj,grj,vdj 7x share the almost same brake components.
The older one doesn’t , because the diameter are smaller.

I’m wondering if there’s people around who sell bigger caliper to suit 6h Axle , bigger calipers always helps . That’s how I think of it.

I know you despise Toyota brakes but I have 1990 3.0L 4Runner calipers on my BJ74.
6 lugs, etc. Trimmed backing plate and bolted right up.

I know you despise Toyota brakes but I have 1990 3.0L 4Runner calipers on my BJ74.
6 lugs, etc. Trimmed backing plate and bolted right up.

1990 + cruisers come with those calipers from the factory

5599176A-897A-4EEF-8EF3-441259AF4A8D.jpeg

The biggest pump that I can find in the market. I hope this make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom