Boston Based FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
Wanted to introduce myself. Just bought this FJ62 from an owner in NY.

Currently it is registered in MA but parked, I have not taken it for inspection yet. I am concerned about failing, and want to address any potential issues first....(Ideally I find a shop that is lenient on 26 year old trucks). Truck runs strong and drives great. Current inspection concern is palm sized rust through on back rear quarter panel (pic below). Additionally there is a faint fuel smell that comes from the rear of the truck, I believe this to be leaking fuel vapor lines. Not sure if this will get me dinged or not.

Apologies for the long post. Either way, I live in Fenway, so this truck will be around town. Any input or advice on the following would be appreciated.

>Is this rust going to fail me?

>Fuel smell seems common? Inspection failure?

>Any inspection shop recommendations in the area?

>Generally any mechanics in the Boston area that will work with me on this truck going forward when I don't have time to wrench?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Brendan

bP9RaQq.jpg

More Pics Here-----> fj62 pictures for sale

SQsA4FM.jpg

Hey welcome aboard.
In my opinion most Boston shops are hit or miss.

You could take some foil tape and try to disguise the hole a little with some bedliner spray for a quick fix.

Then you could drive it and see what you'll have to prioritize.

Just make sure your basics are covered-lights, horn e brake.

Gas smell could be a vent.
I'm not knowledgeable in the 60-62 dept but someone else may chime in.

Best of luck with it.

Move down to CT. no inspection here:grinpimp:

I am going to consider trying the tape/spray trick......I actually have a CT liscense via my parents adresss. So back up plan is to get it registered there.

Where in Boston are you? I used to use a gas station/shop in Dedham to inspect my FJ40 - not sure if they are there or not now though.

Nick

Where in Boston are you? I used to use a gas station/shop in Dedham to inspect my FJ40 - not sure if they are there or not now though.

Nick
Fenway/Kenmore, it'd be worth the drive to Dedham. Did you have a shop around that you'd recommend for non inspection work?

So do I, but my garage/tools are in CT at my parents house. I need a mechanic locally, in the event something comes up and I'm not able to get the Truck there

I can recommend a place that'll give you a sticker 99%, only about 15 miles from Boston. PM me for details. I've brought in cars way sketchier than yours. I have never been turned down.

Alright boys, she passed! On the road for the next year. Almost got dinged for E-Brake tension and about 1mm of play in the pass. front wheel bearing.....This state sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom