Bolt Pattern (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looked all over the Owner's Manual and couldn't find anything. Those anyone know if it's the same as the 4runner? 6 on 5.5 or is it something different?

Also do you know if these tires will fit?

rockcrawler_series152.jpg

I am looking forward to getting those wheels.

They're 16x8x4.25

These wheels will theoretically fit but I have heard about people having issues fitting 16" wheels because of the brake calipers. What do you think?

edit: Also what have you heard about these wheels? good/bad? do they bend easily? Durable? Any input is appriciated

Last edited:
Yep, same as 4Runner, Taco, Tundra, etc.

okay...i'm kinda new to the toyota scene. what are some good venders for 16-17" wheels (steel or alloy) for the fj? is there a certain backspacing that fj's need?

K_os,

I wouldn't go with those.

I have a set of those, but from my memory a few others had trouble with them because they were 3 or 4 pieces welded together.

They were out of round from the factory and they couldn't get them to balance. I'm not sure what brand those are, but I'd bet they use the same procedure to create the wheel.

In fact I still have them on my 80, but I wouldn't trust them with another set.

BTW: Mine are Allied Daytona "simulated" bead locks, 17x8.

Doug

Oh, mud is a major PITA to remove from the inside lip of that bolt on ring. It's held on by 4 bolts. If you remove it, your chances of lining it up exactly the way it was before is slim to "get the F-ck outta here!"

thanks for the advice they are made by rock crawler wheels, They have the same model but with no simulated beadlock ring. So what wheels do you guys recommend?

I would recommend powder coated an original set or going with Tundra steelies (black).

Thanks for the knowledge. I saw a Taco with skinnies today at the light and liked the look, and a little less rubber on the road is a little more gas money in my pocket. Think I'll start combing the salvage yards

We use those wheels on our trailers I do not believe they will work on the FJ as the front brake calipers will hit. . I can try one though on my FJ if that would help ?

yes that would help me a lot. I'm thinking about using Yota 16" spars, so my concern is the center diameter. I didn't considered offset. I've been reading that 6 bolt patters are common between makers but the center hubs (?) differ.

The 2010+ models have a slightly larger hub diameter. I know because I put a 2012 rear axle on my 2007 model FJC. The rotors from the early models will not fit on the later models. The difference is probably only 1-2mm on the hub diameter. The bolt pattern is the same 6 on 139.7mm on all years.

I tried to mount these on my FJ and they hit my calipers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom