Boggers vs. Irok's opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80's weight a bad thing in the mud? I guess if there isn't a bottom, but the 80's weight sinks it down to traction and it's high forge dept makes deep crossings possible. I creep through bogs that my friends with Jeeps and 1/2-3/4 tons just get stuck up in.

I'm not sure if the 37x13 boggers will work better than my 38.5x11s, but the tall skinny's pull me through everything I point it in.

There is a lot of bog up here that is virtually bottomless, at least I couldn't find it. Neither could the CJ5 on 36" TSL SX.
Stuck.jpg

how do the boggers do in the rocks and rocky type trails like in colorado? snow?

how do those 38/37" tires ride? on highway. any rubbing doing wheeling?

I was in the same place you are. I had mt's tsl's, tsl sx's. and I couldnt find the middle ground on a GREAT mud tire that I could tolerate on the road! I ended up with the Pitbull Rocker 37". They are great on the road and much better than the sx's in the rocks and they are about the same in the mud. maybe a hair less bite in the deep soup. Good on the road (Loud, but smooth and requires less power to turn at highway speeds than the 36 sx). Amazing on rocks, great in deep mud, from what I hear they wear very well and slow, despite a seemingly soft compound. Plus they look good:flipoff2:

BTW (i never thought I caould say this) the pitbull is cheaper. that 37x13 bogger is way expensive for some reason or another.

got a pic of the tires on the 80? what size lift.

i don't remember my 38.5 tsl tires being that loud on my toyota, or course i was 17 yoa at the time and might not have noticed the noise. my brother put some mickey thompson tires on his durango, 31" and i could her him coming down the highway before he even turned on my road. he did not have them long, loudest tires i ever heard.

irok/bogger prices:eek:

those tires are expensive. what are some of the other good tires in the 37/38" range that are cheaper.

irok/bogger prices:eek:

those tires are expensive. what are some of the other good tires in the 37/38" range that are cheaper.

there are none....maybe TSL...but those tires are not expensive versus the cometion

Competion for irok...krawler, mtr, maxxis, pitbull....

Competion for Bogger.....?......theres nothing quite like a Bogger. Next best thing for mud (what the bogger is for) would be Tsl/TslSx

Dredged up from the Past

I decided to pull my old thread up and say that after 6 years on the IROKs I really like them. Except in the deepest bog they've pulled me through everything without winching. 5.29 gears are perfect with 37x14.5 Iroks and they clean out pretty easily with some wheel spin. I've only blown one Birfield, and it was on rocks backing up turning locked, duh, I knew better. Overall I give them a thumbs up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom