Body shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
Any body have a recommendation for a body shop? It’s time for the 82 pickup to get a new paint job and I am wandering if anybody has used a shop in the Raleigh area or even in the Fayetteville area that they recommend.
Ideally I am looking for a smaller shop that is a little cheaper. This is not meant to be a show quality paint job since it will be wheeled but I still plan on using quality paint.

I am confident that I can do a very decent job with about $100 worth of spray cans but as mentioned before I really would rather use good quality paint.

Thanks in advance

I've got one in North Durham, the one that worked on my ferd, but it's not at all convenient for you.

Definitely Jerry Rouse at Jerry's Collision Center in Stem - I took my cruiser there and it was well worth the 3+ hour drive each way...... got the initial recommendation from @jimsmith1370

3165 Old NC-75 (163.30 mi)
Stem, North Carolina 27581

(919) 528-0633

Yep, Jerry's Collision Center in Stem, NC is good. Jerry will even let you source the parts if you prefer. Del, if you need help getting there, let me know.

I'm looking for a paint shop for the Cruiser. Any idea on pricing?

I'm looking for a paint shop for the Cruiser. Any idea on pricing?

The shop I am bringing it to quoted me at $2500 over the phone based on my description. The guy said that the quote can change once we do a walk around on the day I drop it off.
According to him, the body work is what costs money which makes sense. Body working a vehicle takes his guys about 1 to 2 days. This adds up billable hours quick.

my truck is completely stripped to metal. I have a few metal patches that need to be smoothed out. I could do most of the body work myself and save quite a bit of money but time is something I don’t have and want to have the truck ready to wheel finally. I am comfortable with having cutting out all the rusty metal parts. Especially the bed. This was my main goal along with painting the truck with better two part paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom