Bluetooth speaker conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexLexican

SILVER Star
Threads
After pricing out a new amp, sub, head unit, and speakers, I’ve been entertaining the idea of using my phone and a few Bluetooth speakers as a new sound system. I would plan on buying a sub for the back and placing two speakers under the front seats. Could all three be synced simultaneously? Has anyone tried this?

You can only connect to one Bluetooth speaker at a time. Even if you could do two, they won't be in sync. Closest thing I can think of is a single Bluetooth receiver connected with cables to multiple wired speakers, but then you're basically replicating the normal audio system. Another option is something like sonos, but then you require 120v power and a WiFi network.

You can only connect to one Bluetooth speaker at a time. Even if you could do two, they won't be in sync. Closest thing I can think of is a single Bluetooth receiver connected with cables to multiple wired speakers, but then you're basically replicating the normal audio system. Another option is something like sonos, but then you require 120v power and a WiFi network.
JBL Bluetooth speakers can be synced with each other. Seems like a pain in the butt to turn on multiple speakers around the vehicle every time you drive though, and to keep them all charged.

I would hope they could sync to my phone automatically. And for power supply hook them up to the 12v in the middle console and rear.

If this isn’t practical how good would the sound be by only replacing the door speakers while keeping everything else as is?

Another option for you.

I have one of these Kenwood BT Marine amps in my basement waiting for time to see how it works in my LX along with a set of infinity door speakers. All I do anymore is listen to streamed music or podcasts. Goal is to avoid messing around with the crap behind the dash or trying to repair or replace the ML 12 ohm speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom