Blasphemy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
http://www.epinions.com/auto-review-261B-D3B73F4-396B4F6F-prod2

the text:

Pros
good power, luxury, nice sound system, great looks

Cons
pricey, not great off road

Full Review
I've owned a 1996 Land Cruiser for the past three years, we bought it used with only a few thousand miles on it as another vehicle to compliment our Mitsubishi. Although slightly pricey, buying it used was a great idea, it dropped 10k off the new price, but still allowed for a car in great shape. Although not exactly what I would call an off road SUV, it still is great on the many dirt byways that rural Utah has to offer, and at the same time looks great in downtown Salt Lake. The sound system and alarm that the original owners included have been great, it's good to see a sound package so great as a dealer option. It also isn't lacking in power in any way, the 3.6 liter engine packs a lot of power for going up hills or hauling a boat. If you want a great work horse, with plenty of refinement, this is the car for you.

I am sure that if he got rid of that 3.6 litre motor and put the correct motor in there he would think it was better off-road vehicle.

Keep sniffing the glue bud!!

So because the 80 looks nice it can't be a good off road SUV? Exactly what was the writer looking for? What other truck in 96 even offered a set of factory lockers? Solid axles front and rear sitting on coils? Come on!

This writer should have come along with me last week when I took my stock 80 through the entire Hells Revenge trail in Moab. In fact I would have loved to have this bozo try and follow me in their choice of any stock SUV.

Dude nice 80! But you need some serious mods! Come on! I've seen your other rigs.

HEY!!!,at least its white!!! :G
im sure chris has some plans for his "grocery getter"!!!!

man,i cant wait to finish my truck and get to moab and alaska!!

already planning trips to both places but its gonna be a couple of years til my "ducks" are all lined up!!

doug

:G Nah, nah- LOOK! after it gets 'old', someone will get to pick it up off of this guy who never wheeled it, kept it up, and generally treated it like a car. Decent 80 series cruisers and esp. those with lockers will get more rare in the future, so let guys like this operate and maintain them for a while and depreciate them so those who can appreciate them - can afford- them-time for a :beer:

Yep I have a small pile of parts growing in the corner of the garage. Once I am done selling my buggy I will be starting in on the 80. 35's, 2" lift and bumpers are in the plans. It won't be quite as radical as some of my other rigs but it will definantly see some trail time.

It did a good job of towing my buggy from Cali to Moab this year. Very comfy drive.

3.6 huh? I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt seeing as the 4 is next to the 3, and the the 6 to the 5.

Nah... He's a tard!!! :slap:

Chris, there's nothing wrong with a completely stock white 80! Beautiful truck man! :G  Compliments of a stock white w/lockers, loaded, original owner '94. Someday I'll take a pic and figure out how to post. :p

Chris nice buggy! But may I ask why are you selling it?

Chris nice buggy! But may I ask why are you selling it?

Well it was a lot of fun but expensive. It's far cheaper to combine daily driver and trail rig. I sold my pickup and am parting out the buggy. I plan to do more rock crawling event coverage (prorock, urock, arca, ect) and this will make a great rig to get out and back in comfort (and style!) and is large enough to sleep/camp out of.

Ok thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom