BJ75 engine oil light shuts off engine on startup, maybe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this only happens on startup after it's been sitting overnight, the outside temperature doesn't change what happens. I'm running Shell Rotella T4 15w-40 at the moment for engine oil. I'm assuming there is an engine protection system that when the oil light is on for ___ amount of seconds it shuts off the engine. In the video it wasn't me who turned off the engine it just stopped, starts right up the second time and stays running for the rest of the day no problem. Is this a common problem, or should I just give it a bit more gas on startup, orrr something else I'm oblivious to? Anything helps! Vid of starting

Disconnect the edic and get someone to start it while you hold the edic on run. Its something to do with low oil pressure, even if you dont have low oil pressure. Common problem.

Disconnect the edic and get someone to start it while you hold the edic on run. Its something to do with low oil pressure, even if you dont have low oil pressure. Common problem.
Oh boy, I've heard about the edic but don't know much so I gotta go learn. Regardless, thank you! and I'll keep you updated on if that fixes the problem.

Dont sweat its no big deal to fix and the fact it will keep running on the second start confirms you do not have an engine problem.
Some variations of this engine come without the edic. They just have a on/off cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom