Bj74 + off-rad camper, soft sand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's the consensus on the bj74, H55f dragging camper on beach island, with soft sand tracks, does the 13bt have enough punch to drag a camper.
I have another later model 4wd, 2011' triton GLXR which we will be taking as well for another family, but just thinking will the cruiser have the grit to drag a camper on soft sand. Thoughts from those who have experience with a bj74 on sand ..

Tyre pressures are the key, I was down to 5psi in soft sand to make it easyish. Is the camper the same track as the BJ74 ? will make it MUCH easier if it is. Wont be going fast either in soft sand, probably low 3rd would be nice. Cooling system in top condition? Mine was getting a little warm but I was holding it flat in 4th/5th

sounds like a trip to fraser, dont forget to let the campers tyres down as well Ive had my BJ and camper on the beach down at coffs but it wasnt anywhere as near as soft as fraser no worries at all 33" aired well down. As hulsty said cooling system, hows your clutch? Dont give the camper the indignity of being towed by a bitsamissin.:)

Frasier it is, cooling is good, clutch seems fine, I've got some 32" in shed I might put on, I suppose I was more concerned dragging it through Indian head access, but looks like we won't need to cross as we are going to avoid the only formal ground for trailers & camp raw on beach. But really keen to test it out on that stretch with trailer, :steer:
My track on the trailer is wider than the cruiser so that could cause me issues,
I agree with you, the cruiser needs to be doing the work, and getting the credit, :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom