Bilstein to Fox 2.5" valving "conversion" needed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for any info how to convert Bilstein shocks valving values to Fox 2.5".

Bilstein has great and clear valving designation system. For example, 360/80 means certain force - 3600 N rebound / 800 N compression at shaft speed 0.52 m/s.
The same time Fox operates with mystical numbers - 30/90, 50/70 etc. what is telling us almost nothing.

Maybe someone knows what Fox valving correspond (+/- close) with Bilstein 360/80?

I think Fox talks about valve stacks inside. diam of the shims, but they have diff ones, flutter , etc. You really need to talk to a "shock" guy. Are you trying to re-valve them yourself?

@matzell Yes, I know what valving forces I need in real world figures. And I'd like to know how can I get the same or close to same forces with Fox 2.5".

you may need to pull the shocks apart and see what valves are in them and then try to duplicate them. Shock tuning is not going to be the same between two brands. I have had my shocks "tuned" by a expert but we had to keep changing the valving to get it right. I do not think you will be able to guess at it.

2.5's - nice!

What @matzell said. 50/70 is #50 compression shim and #70 rebound shim. The lower the number is, the faster the shock reacts. The higher the number is, the slower the shock reacts. For example a #30 compression stack would compress MUCH faster than a #90 compression stack. (from Kar Tek Offroad)

Pretty sure the shim # equates to force in pounds, but you would need to confirm with your supplier and then count shims and convert to N. Trial and error otherwise. Fwiw I was happy with 65/80 front and 65/95 rear at my weight and for my modest use. Do you have this chart?

Ed: Off-Road Shock Tuning Guide | How To Tune and Valve Off-Road Racing Shocks

Attachments

• fox-25-rebound-and-compression-shock-valving-shim-chart.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom