Bilstein 6112 Shocks / OEM Springs ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The original Bilstein shocks on my 2012 TT are just starting to get lazy ... so I want to replace with Bilstein 6112's in front and 5100's in the rear. I am good with the stock ride height(s) so want to use (new) OEM springs.

Question: Will the OEM front spring internal diameter fit on the 6112 Bilstein's ?

At how many miles did your TT have? My 12 TT still rides like new, thus curious when to replace.

Also your oem springs are bad enough it needs replacing ?

72,000 miles ... running 285/70-16 E-Rated tires that weigh 63-pounds + 24-pound rims = 87-pounds ... so the shocks have their work cut out even with 90% on-road. They are not worn out by any means, but I like my suspension tight ... with the 6112's providing even more of the renowned "Bilstein" control. Given the effort involved, I figured changing the springs would be worth the cost to position for many many more miles before thinking about shocks again. I want to go with OEM Springs given they are slightly different rates (side to side) to deal with the dreaded lean issue ... and I do not want to go the spacer route.

The 6112 should come with its own Eibach springs which is basically the same as in your TTUE. The TT shocks have different notch setting for left and right front to fix the driver side lean issue. The springs are same as Eibach springs that come with 6112. basically a 650lb version. From what I heard the damping rates on the TTUE 6112 shocks were tuned by TRD and its different than stock 6112

Last edited:
I installed the 5100 series rear shocks on my 2008. These helped to prevent rear sag when towing my camper. Love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom