Big Dog Offroad Gore VA, Ice Breaker Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you're taking an 80 to Gore I want to come just to watch!

From what I hear, trails are pretty tight there. 80 might be a little too big for that. I've been to crozet, had few damages, mostly from getting hung up or high centered; not sure how much tight(er) the trails are at Gore compare to crozet. Looks like lotta fun though.

main.php

If you go take pix.

Last edited:
Yes Im taking my 80, but not up those trails in those pics!! I know there are some very moderate trails there that I plan on hitting. Mostly planing on some cold ones and watching others tear there stuff up.

I was there several years ago. They have a wide variety of trails but the trails I was on (6 and 7) were very tight for my 40 and my son's first gen 4Runner.

76FJ40, thanks for the info.

Big Dogs used to call first timers to go over their trail selections. If they still do this you can ask about fitting an 80 on the trail.

Not to scare you away, this happened a few years ago on a moderate trail at Gore. Left rear tire was on a rock that broke, which tipped me right over. Only real damage was $92 for a new tail light. I was lucky.

The trails are narrow, as the others have pointed out. I have always been impressed with the trail guides at Gore, and good camping.
big-dogs 2.jpg
big-dogs 4.jpg

Just make sure of the trails you choose. I've been all around there in a stock 60. There are places not to go for sure. Good armor and a winch will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom