BIG BEND TRIP....April 18th-22nd. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chris you're too much man. What a host! It all sounds great to me. Cool beans on leaving earlier on Wednesday. I wasn't looking foward to driving all night. ;p I scheduled a meeting at work Wed. morning that I'm trying to get out of. If I can't, worst case is I'm done by lunch.
I've been working on the Cruiser this week fixing some stuff I've been neglecting. Then I gotta hit the cigar store and the beer store to stock up! Let me know if I can help with anything.

*I'm off the hook on Wednesday. We can leave whenever you are ready.

Last edited:
Jason,

What time you wanna leave on Wednesday? I would like to leave either before or after rush hour. It would also be nice to get there when it is still light out.....earlier the better for me. I will be leaving from the Mesquite area (IH635 @ Hwy 80) and headed down 635 to IH20...then west. We can either meet up somewhere close by, or somewhere out west.....just let me know.

Time is flying by......tick....tick...tick....can not wait.

OK, so you're heading around the south side and I usually go around on the north side. How about we meet at the McDonalds in Willow Park? I'd guess it'll take both of us around an hour to get there. Be there around 7:30?

When you guys have a rough arrival time for Fort Stockton or Alpine (not sure which way you're going), let me know. I'm going to leave San Antonio via I-10 and take advantage of the 80 MPH speed limit.

Also, one of my friends from Austin (Big Bend regular) would like to join us. He'll be riding his motorcyle (BMW R1200 GS Enduro) then riding shotgun with me. This cool with you guys?

Looking forward to Wednesday!

Jason....sounds good.

Brett.....Sounds good. Bring your buddy. I am headed to buy the grub here shortly. If I can get a brisket instead of lasagne, will it mess with your blood sugar?

Normal e.t.a. to Alpine would be about 8 hours after start time. So, ROUGH estimate of arrival there would be about 3pm to 330pm.

Also, one of my friends from Austin (Big Bend regular) would like to join us. He'll be riding his motorcyle (BMW R1200 GS Enduro) then riding shotgun with me. This cool with you guys?

Only if I get to check out his GS. :D I sold my KTM a couple of months ago and I'm dual-sportless. A GS is the perfect Big Bend bike to me.

Only if I get to check out his GS. :D I sold my KTM a couple of months ago and I'm dual-sportless. A GS is the perfect Big Bend bike to me.

I think we can arrange that. ;)

He's given me the sport/touring bike bug. Now if only that "money thing" wasn't an issue.

Ok Gents....and I use that term loosely.

The menu listed above has been edited, and the grub has been purchased. All told the total was just under $150, so with 5 of us...it will boil down to $29 a piece for food for 3 days...3 meals a day(2 hot, 1 cold).

Remember, you are responsible for all liquid intake and snacks. (although I did purchase 2 gallons of milk for everyone)

See ya'll soon.

Christopher

You future organ donors.....ya'll must be mad (as in certifiable).

I got some nice photos of ex-motor riders.....and it was hardly ever their fault. BE CAREFUL!!!!

Awesome. Thanks for doing the food shopping. See everyone Wednesday.

Ok Gents....and I use that term loosely.

The menu listed above has been edited, and the grub has been purchased. All told the total was just under $150, so with 5 of us...it will boil down to $29 a piece for food for 3 days...3 meals a day(2 hot, 1 cold).

Remember, you are responsible for all liquid intake and snacks. (although I did purchase 2 gallons of milk for everyone)

See ya'll soon.

Christopher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom