BFGoodrich vs. Falken vs. Cooper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just put a set of falken wildpeak AT3W 295/70r18 on my lx. Some of the best if not the best tires i've owned.
P or LTs? Assuming LTs at that size. How are these holding up and how has your experience been so far after a seasons cycle?

P or LTs? Assuming LTs at that size. How are these holding up and how has your experience been so far after a seasons cycle?
For the LC200 you can get the passenger tires from Falken that come in 285/65/18 or 285/60/18 that are built for this car. They come in E rated (for heavy towing) but I got the non-E version - they have a total weight per tire of over 3,500 lbs so should be fine for routine towing…

I've had all three, with the Coopers on my truck right now. Mine are 285 75 16, since I have an 80 with stock wheels (until next week...)

Coopers - have been great. Wearing super well, have fantastic traction on road dry or wet, and better traction off road in the loose stuff (mud, snow, deep sand) than the Falkens, about equal in regular off road usage. I've got 35,000 miles on them right now and they are just beginning to show noticeable wear.

image4.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Falken - Had these for four years and 44,000 miles, and I wouldn't have gone away from them if I could have gotten them. They were simply unavailable in my size when I needed new tires. I was told by the rep that "No one is making 16" tires anymore, so you'll see this more often." meh, whatever. You can get them all day right now. My only functional complaint with these (as I referenced above) is the loose stuff. I think the new Wildpeaks have a different tread design than mine had, but in sand, mud or snow they were prone to loose spinning. They were GREAT tires all around. Again, only availability made me go to the Coopers.
image1.jpeg

These pics who two that were warrantied shortly before I went to the Coopers. As I said, there were no WildPeaks to be found at the time, so I used these on my trailer.

BFG AT KO2 - 39,000 miles, the best road manners of all, quiet, great wet and dry traction on the road. Zero complaints off-road never cut a sidewall or had tread blocks break or any of the other BS. When I go to new wheels here next month, I will be going back to these in a 315/17 size. They are significantly lighter than both the Falken or Cooper offerings. Again, I owned all three at the same size, same wheels, that isn't speculation. I weighed them. So why did I change them? We were heading to SPI National Seashore in two days and a vandal slashed my two front tires, while leaving me a note about "gas guzzling SUVs". Yep. Discount only had the Falkens in stock for fast enough turn around for me to still make my SP time, so I went to Falkens.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the truck with the BFGs, but you've all seen them.

There are so many variables involved when it comes to people and there opinions and lifespan of tires. Same goes for suspension.

Buy a set of tires, if you don't like them sell the tires and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom