best suzuki (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
howdy whats the best year and last year of the samuri?
i'm looking for one not a rock crawler one just a plan jane one, do they come with skid plates?
thanks
k

its a little slow over here.............

Samurai's were reintroduced '86 until '94. They are a great little truck, very third world. In that they can take an amazing amount of abuse and just keep going. I owned one form around 2000 till 2008 and i regret selling it. Truly the best little off roader I have ever owned! However, mine was far from stock! Good luck! PM me if you want any advice!:cheers:
Untitled-Duplicated-01.jpg
Scan40006-1.jpg

hands down the last year for sammy is the best. Many folks use the tracker parts and toy parts.

and what year was that? I am looking into getting one, what do I look for? what to watch out for? that type of thing.

Over this part of the world....the best SAMURAI's I'd say are the one built until year 1994......afterwards came the SAMURAI II with less "iron quality"....in fact after that year you can see bended axles easily or at least easier than the old ones.............
DSCN0094.jpg

Last edited:
88.5 or later. I would say the years with fuel injection would be even better. Also depends on what you plan on doing with it. stock drivetrain can handle 33's. Any tire size above that and you will want to upgrade.

look out for rust under the doors under the plastic sills. some oil leaks can be easily fixed.

the rear main seal is blamed alot when it turns out to be a cheap O ring on the distributor.

tcase stuck in neutral can be fixed with a new shifter bushing.

nice aftermarket out there for them now.

popular engine swap is the 1.6 geo tracker/suzuki sidekick motor 8valve or 16valve. 8 valve can be run off propane. other popular swaps are the 2.0 and VW diesel.

great rig to wheel with. I have had mine for over 15 years and still love it. built it over the years with toyota parts. cheapest rig to build.

every rig out there is trying to get lighter, samurais start that way.

lenross1

thanks a bunch! just going to use it for light wheeling, for now, yeah that's what they all say:)
k

In California, the last year of the Samurai was 1994 due to emissions regulations. The rest of the country got them until 1995, but they're rare to find in the later model years because sales dropped off so precipitously thanks to the idiots at Consumer Reports.

If you can find a fuel injected one (1990+) that would be the best, but the earlier carbureted ones are just as bulletproof.

The long wheelbase samurai's were the best in my opinion. 94" wheelbase like a Jeep Wrangler is a very good wheelbase.

They sold them in Canada from 1985 to 1988. They are now ('85, '86, '87) legal to import if you can find one.

6468207919_b7ebb85b9c_z.jpg

6468207957_804d8fb5e9_z.jpg

my billy goat

as you can see I found a purty deep whole, well deep for the zuki anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom