Best practice for securing brake line to UCA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everybody,

I did a search but didn’t turn up anything. Please forgive me if I missed it, I promise I looked. Anyway, I got my GX back from the shop last week and have been looking everything over. One detail that sticks out a little to me is the method they used of securing the brake line (is this the ABS sensor cable?) to the upper control arm. It’s zip tied with a small tie, and over what seems to me to be a vulnerable area of the cable. Am I concerned over nothing here, or is there a better way to do this? I still have my OEM uca brackets, and have been considering modifying them to create a less “precarious” mount. Thanks in advance for any constructive ideas.

-Sfx

3319EF5A-CA11-4790-9B7D-20068AECFAAE.jpeg

If I recall, yes that’s just the wheel speed sensor.

The original bracket could probably be modified to fit that mounting location. I reused my bracket and bent it slightly to fit my JBA UCAs a little better. The bracket holds the wires where that extra bit of padding is, above the zip tie in the photo.

I’d personally be ok with zip tying it like it is, but with the padding under the zip tie. Feel free to try the factory bracket with the locating tab removed (pretty sure there’s a little 90* locating tab on the factory bracket) and it tweaked a little and if that doesn’t work, revert back to the zip tie, should be fine as long as there’s sufficient slack in the wires.

Jmanscotch,
Thanks for that info. I'll just cut a rubber hose of some sort and make a pad for it, then re-ziptie it. Much appreciated!

use one of the single screw line clamps for 1/4 inch tube and bolt it with the line above the hole, look much cleaner. You know the ones for fuel line that come with the black rubber insulator on the clamp.

use one of the single screw line clamps for 1/4 inch tube and bolt it with the line above the hole, look much cleaner. You know the ones for fuel line that come with the black rubber insulator on the clamp.

Hopefully this is going to work. :) Thank you for the suggestion. Seems to have a good amount of slack on either side, and a firm tug can barely slide the wire. Shouldn’t be stressed, I don’t believe. If this looks bad, please let me know. Thanks again!
Regards,
Sfx
92F9AB5C-91D2-41D4-91E1-B862FAB30798.jpeg

1FB6470A-662A-4994-BC34-0ED38837590A.jpeg

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom