best place to find IFS hubs?

VTCruiser

i am pondering doing the IFS hub conversion on my 60. What IFS hubs do i need to look for and where is the bast place to find them?

I know Sky sells spacers for $200. Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator

Off of Toyota IFS trucks.

It really is that easy. Junkyards typically have a couple on hand. Or poke around the parts section of pirate for someone that is doing an Straight axle conversion. They are free occasionally.

OTT made the adapter set I had. Very nice workmanship and they were steel instead of AL. Something that I liked.

VTCruiser

its a front spacer alternative. running IFS hubs and rotor spacers give you about +1.5" of track on each side. The difference is the spacer is behind the hub as opposed to bolted to it.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator

That is them. I am sure that they could easily make another set. It is not something that a TOn of people want so it is not a high order item..

Aseif007

Will the IFS hubs be weaker than the stock ones on the FJ-60? Will any year IFS Yota do, or is there a prefered year? And are Tacoma hubs compatible? I like the idea of a little more room between the tires and the steering. Is it just a bolt up application, and all I would need are the IFS hubs?

VTCruiser

Aseif007 said:
Will the IFS hubs be weaker than the stock ones on the FJ-60? Will any year IFS Yota do, or is there a prefered year? And are Tacoma hubs compatible? I like the idea of a little more room between the tires and the steering. Is it just a bolt up application, and all I would need are the IFS hubs?
No comprimise in strength with the IFS hub as far as i know. You will need the spacers. Here is sky's kit (third on down) PN#TOY-FWS-001:
Sky IFS Spacer kit

Top Bottom