Best Dual battery setup for my 2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have tried searching but I'm not finding the answers I'm looking for. Tell me what your using for your dual battery setup. I want something decent/reliable but doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles. I have space behind the intake and in front. Behind looks best because there is only a wiring clip to move. The front is occupied by a fluid reservoir. Tell me what you think is the best bang for the buck system. I have tried to research but there just isn't enough info on this particular mod. I have decided to go with Odyssey for my battery but that as far as I've gotten.

Pls and thank you!

I believe there are a few companies that sell dual battery kits for the 2010+ model. Here's one from Shockworks that should give you an idea of whats possible.

A couple of 100 amp fuses, some battery cable and a 100 amp solenoid will do the trick for less than $100.
You can find all of this on Amazon.

SimpleDualBattery.jpg

I would go with a battery isolator. In other words two back to back silicon controlled rectifiers with a common gate. Cannot fail. I used this set-up back in the 80's when it was popular to have a thumper stereo with its own battery and a regular battery to run the car. Wired as BM shows but unlike solenoids, an isolator cannot fail destructively. It can fail but will only result in one battery not getting charged. Alternator charges both batteries, primary battery runs whatever it is currently hooked up too, secondary battery runs whatever you hook it up too. Neither battery can run the other batteries circuit, ie you always have a starter/runner battery even if the secondary battery is run dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom