Best Center Cap for 18" Tundra Wheels on a LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there team!

I picked up a set of 18" Tundra wheels like the ones pictured for my LX. Of course the stock center caps don't fit over the front hubs. I've heard that the center caps from 18" LC/LX wheels ('03-'07) can fit over the front hubs on other Tundra/Sequoia wheels without modifying the dust caps. Is there a center cap that would do the same for these wheels? Would the '03-'07 18" LC/LX center caps work? OR is it just easier to put on a set of spacers?

Thanks for the input!

2cam

Tundra wheel pic.JPG

Bumpity-bump for a Monday...

Do any of you cool cats know the best center cap to use with these wheels to clear a 100 front hub? Does one exist? OR, are spacers the easiest way to go? Would 1.25" be sufficient to clear the hub with the stock cap?

Thanks!

2cam

Im driving without the front hubcaps right now but when i have the time i will figure out a solution. From my research: either bore a 2 inch hole or add 1.25 inch spacers. Or drive without them!

Search "center cap", limit to thread titles, limit to 100 section. Lots of threads and solutions to peruse.

Great suggestion. Lot's of results with that search.

Thx!

Im driving without the front hubcaps right now but when i have the time i will figure out a solution. From my research: either bore a 2 inch hole or add 1.25 inch spacers. Or drive without them!

Mine are lacking the front caps as well at the moment, but I'll address it this coming weekend. After reading through a number of the posts on the subject, it doesn't look like this wheel will accept a 18" LC wheel centercap. I'm going to stop by an automotive supply place tomorrow and see if they might have a shallower dust cap available as my first effort. If that doesn't work, I'll probably install a set of spacers.

Thx!

2cam

Hey there team!

I picked up a set of 18" Tundra wheels like the ones pictured for my LX. Of course the stock center caps don't fit over the front hubs. I've heard that the center caps from 18" LC/LX wheels ('03-'07) can fit over the front hubs on other Tundra/Sequoia wheels without modifying the dust caps. Is there a center cap that would do the same for these wheels? Would the '03-'07 18" LC/LX center caps work? OR is it just easier to put on a set of spacers?

Thanks for the input!

2cam

View attachment 2087738
I bought the same Tundra set and having the same problem with the front center cap not fitting on my 2001 LX. Were you able to research if indeed the 03/04 LX will fit?

I just go without center caps. Looks fine for steel wheels with winter tires.
IMG_20200112_175213.jpg

I bought the same Tundra set and having the same problem with the front center cap not fitting on my 2001 LX. Were you able to research if indeed the 03/04 LX will fit?

I have the exact same wheel set as well.. I love them, as they give the cruiser an updated look. If you do some digging, the center caps on these tundra wheels have a lower depth profile.. you can modify them a bit, or get spacers. I chose to get 1.25 BORA spacers, as that was on the list of items I wanted anyways. With the spacers, the caps fit as they should.

Seems like the answer is either run wheel spacers (1.25" seems to be consensus) or pound on the caps to deform and compress a bit.

Get one of these

885911570596.jpg

Put it right in the middle and bore a 1.25" hole, that'll clear the dust cap. Spray paint it silver and no one will know

Looking at the caps, the section where the Toyota emblem is, is inset. Why not use a heat gun and pop it out so that it is even with the rest of the cap? Seems like that may give you enough room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom