Belleview remote (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a really nice belleview #6000 winch for <100$! Looks like it was in a garage it's whole life, the brake is like new, the instructions on the motor are readable, case is clean, and the cable is only unevenly wound for the first 20ft or so the rest looks like it is new. Not badly preserved for a late 60's winch. This is going to be mounted on the front porch bumper I'm putting together for my 60. The only things missing are the control cables. Can I actually still buy the controll cables at NAPA??PN??
I did a bunch of searching and it sounds like it will be possible to build a simple remote for it and just hand operate the clutch and brake? Has anyone here done this? If so what type of solenoid switch did you use? Could you use a relay( if they make one for that many amps)? I was thinking of using a instantanious-on toggle switch set in a ski pole handle and some extension cord wire for the remote. Any sugestions and or sources for a weather proof plug / receptacle for the remote cable and weather proof toggles?? I'm fired up! I really love the low tech simplicity of this winch can't wait to get it mounted up. Sorry for rambling:beer: :beer: :beer: Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Michael

they never had a remote, they had hand cables mounted in the cab. also no power out, only power in. IMOP its a OK winch but not my 1st choice.

Pimp,
Very true but for 75$ it's my first choice ;) . I did some searching and found quite a bit of info. Just wondering if any one here has made themselves a remote for this or any winch. I will search around for starter solenoids and relays. How many amps do these things draw while pulling? I'm not too experienced with winch wiring but it seems that one of the control cables just closed a switch to operate the motor so a more modern relay/solenoid would do the same thing. I dig low tech (why I bought the 60) so the manual clutch and brake appeal to me. I'm going to stop off at NAPA tonight and see if they can find a PN for the twist lock , control cables for the brake and clutch. A remote would be nice for outside the cab winching tho.

Cheers,
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom