Beasley Knob OHV Trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Carswell does...(BMT HIker)...trying to get me and wife to visit them in Atlanta and take a ride up one long weekend....not done it yet but will. He said it is fairly hard core but good wheeling and closer to him than uwharrie...

search over on UC forum or send him a PM.....get it from him direct if this is same place. hard core for some is average for others so rather you make your own mind up.

so you would drive 8 hours up there but wont go 3 hours to Uwharrie? LOL

I asked Rick to stop by and say a few words about the place if it is the same one he and I have spoken of in past.

Last edited:
posted response where Sherman FJ62 asked on UC board, but for anyone still looking here...
It's got some very steep sections that increase the sense of challenge. It's not a big trail system and not all of it is that difficult, so you could probably spend a full day there and get all of it in one weekend. It got some notoriety a few years ago because me and another buddy broke our rear diffs there (damn early model ring and pinions!) and watched 2-3 others do the same that year (including the FJC Trail Team). That was when the GA Cruisers were holding an annual event called Beasley Bash there in the fall.

The FS will close the trails when it rains or if it's too wet. You don't want to get caught up on the trails when rains, unless you want to feel like that Plinko chip on the Price is Right. The dirt when dry is loose and there are a few rock ledges, small boulders that make finding the right line fun. One section has really steep banks on either side of the trail and if you are not careful, you'll catch a root or rock sticking out of the bank as the trail gets twisty. There are a couple sections that will catch you off camber and you'll need to be careful how you throw your weight around and be gentle with your brakes. Here's one pucker moment I recall when I was riding with Woody, Gustav and others from the Trail Team back five years ago.

That's siblings, Heather and Dan, heckling me too.

I am thinking about checking the area out. I may just run the easy trails and scout the area. I don't think it will take 8hrs to get there and Urharrie is more than 3 hrs

I am thinking about checking the area out. I may just run the easy trails and scout the area. I don't think it will take 8hrs to get there and Urharrie is more than 3 hrs

okay, 3.75 hours to the outpost and 6 hours to Beasley. LOL Still quite a bit of difference.

No not yet and after looking at some photos and since I will be flying solow I will probably only check out the easier forest service roads that run around the area.

Found several good forest serivce roads and picked up a map, but I found some of the areas nicer than Urrahhie for other activities to do along with wheeling ie hiking fishing natural beauty. I will talk about at next
Meeting with a small group it would probably be a good time to go if others want to hike and fish aloof with some easy to medium trails. For the hard you can then go to Beasley

best resource for off road travel in N.GA. David's a friend and is trying to document an all off-road route across GA. He's gone to a lot of trouble documenting GPS files and making them available for free.
www.georgiaoverland.com

I know Daniel in that group of motorcyclist if same one that also has the black Tacoma and was a fire fighter out west for Forestry Service. :)

I always thought Ricks GPS tracks were the best source of info for free! LOL

Yeah, Daniel is selling that KTM listed there. You wouldn't recognize his Taco anymore.
DSC_0023.jpg

I have some tracks saved, but nothing quite as organized as David has done. We went on a loop last January that was over 100 miles in one day. It had a fair amount of pavement connecting the sections, but it was scenic nonetheless.

DSC_0023.jpg

I went to Georgia for my wedding anniversary. Great weather and Helen Georgia was Pretty cool with all their octoberfeast stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom