BCC Meeting Sept 10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our next club meeting will be Wednesday Sept 10 at 6:30 at Mesa County Fairgrounds under a pavilion near the ball fields. I will bring a bucket of the Colonels finest and if you all could throw in something we will hold off starvation. We have a lot to discuss, mainly how to revive our club. Not blaming anyone but things have slipped this year and if we don't make some healthy changes this club just might die. Sorry for the gloom and doom but I just miss our best days when we had lots of runs, camp outs and great dinner meetings. Can we all come together and get BCC fired up again?!! Please and thanks.

Hey my name is Ryan looking to join I'll be there, just moved to fruita from gunnison, i have a 94 fzj done up. Looking forward to it saw few you guys couple weeks ago in crested butte

Now were talking. New members is what we need. Please come and join us.

I think I will try and come up and join you guys. Okay if I bring a growler or two from the Colorado Boy Micro Brewery? Do we have a count on how many we expect?

Growlers welcomed. Never know how many will show but typically around ten. Got a couple of new folks bringing some great sounding chow. They too drive an FJC.

If you wish a dish to pass, chips or whatever you like.

We sure had a great meal last night thanks to Shae and Michael. If that became a normal thing our membership would surely grow along with our waistlines. :)

Brisket, beans, potato salad and peach crisp with ice cream! So sad my wife and son had to suffer thru Outback instead.

One of the participants needs to post up about the planned Saturday outing from Cameo up the backside of Mt. Garfield. Sorry I'll be elsewhere doing prep for elk hunting next month. As I recall it's Tom, Michael and Shae and John so far. Here's a 2009 pic from the top to wet your appetite and perhaps generate some additional enthusiasm. It'll be a great day trip, not particularly hard but still challenging, and the view from the top is so worth the journey.

4WD Adventures 018.JPG

Last edited:
Here is the post. Anyone interested in the Saturday Sept. 13th trail ride above Cameo like Jim noted above, then please meet at the I-70 exit at Cameo in DeBeque Canyon. Just off the eastbound exit of I-70 is a fruit stand and we can meet there at 0900 hrs. Bring a lunch if you like and I anticipate a somewhat easier trail to the top above Mt. Garfield. Should not be an all day ride. See ya there!

THat was definitely some great chow. Great meeting everyone too. Wish I could come on the run tomorrow but alas I am headed in the other direction. :crybaby:

Well, the turnout was rather small, just Tom Parody, my wife and I. Some obstacles to overcome but we made it. Beautiful weather and views from up top on the east side of Mt. Garfield. Have a bunch of pics to put on here but can not figure out how to do it easily.

Thanks John for leading another trip. Too bad such a low turn out but guess that's expected with such a short notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom