BBCNN Petroglyphs Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Day: Saturday April 21st, 2018
Meet: Maverick Gas Station on 11795 Veterans Pkwy near Gieger grade
Leave time: 09:30

Description:
Scenic day run through the Virginia City Highlands to the historic Indian petroglyphs.

Difficulty:
1-2. Expect some Nevada pin striping. Stock friendly trail

Pack lunch or some may wish to hit the Virgina City Jerky Co. For tri tip after the run.

Last edited:
Alright wife and I are planning to join and friends in their JK are planning to come as well. Hopefully weather holds out for a nice run!!

Average temperature for that day is 63 degrees-record temp is 80 degrees. Hopefully it will be between those for a great day in the Nevada mountains!:steer: Glad you guys and your friends can make it!

I'll put it on my calendar and see what happens. I may be clearing the homestead by then.

Just looked at the weather report and seems like it will be pretty nice for the next few weeks. Today (3/28) is supposed to be the high of 70 with the remainder being in the mid-60s! Looks like we went from Winter to Spring in a jiffy.

If i have mine back together by then i will try and make this! I will need a couple easy shakedown runs under her belt before i head north the end of May!

If i have mine back together by then i will try and make this! I will need a couple easy shakedown runs under her belt before i head north the end of May!

Whats up with your rig, what you doin to it now?:hmm: Hope you get it ready for this run. As Greg said it should be great Nevada spring weather!

Any luck on finding a contractor for the dirt work? That will be awesome to have a new place and space for Rusty
We bought a skip loader. We'll probably used your guy for the septic though. I'm hoping we are going to do my shop this year we'll have to see how it pencils out.

Last edited:
I got a call from today, my 40 is back together. The right rear axle was worn out, splines were okay but it was worn through where the axle rides on the bearing. A couple of other minor things but it's back on the road now. If the stars align I may actually make this run.

Hey guys, I mentioned the run to my brother and sister in-law and they asked if they could come along. She drives one of the Jeep Cherokees... You guys won't like run her off the road and leave em stranded or anything for not having a Toyota?

:p:D No we wouldn't do that. All makes of vehichles are welcome on our runs as long as they meet the stardard for the trail. This run would be fine for a stock Jeep Cherokee. I have taken my GMC pick up on a couple of runs last year and no one ditched me. So they are welcome to roll to the petroglyphs with us.

:p:D No we wouldn't do that. All makes of vehichles are welcome on our runs as long as they meet the stardard for the trail. This run would be fine for a stock Jeep Cherokee. I have taken my GMC pick up on a couple of runs last year and no one ditched me. So they are welcome to roll to the petroglyphs with us.

I figured as much but I didn't want to ass-u-me :moon:. My 2F is being rebuilt at the moment and ALL my new parts are on order (some back ordered! :bang:), so I'll be driving either my Beater Bronco :deadhorse: or my F150.

We are talking about the Lagomarsino Petroglyphs, right? Also, how long of day will this be?

full

Last edited:
yup those are the ones. Think last year we accessed from the fireroad behind Damonte Ranch HS. And don't worry about other rigs coming, actually have a buddy coming with that drives a new JK.

I still need to work out the route. We can't access that area from Damonte anymore. They closed it off and are building houses up there. So we will be going in thru the virginia highlands probably by the fire station or maybe down the road a bit towards Virginia city then hang a left. This trip is usually a quick one. It takes about an hour to get there and then we all mill around a bit looking at the petroglyphs (about 30 mins) and then out. If people bring their lunches we would probably wait while they eat and then form up and head out(bout another hour). So I would predict:hmm: we will hit pavement around 1:00 or 1:30. Remember that 9:30 is the leave time not the meet time. We will be trying to keep that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom