BBCNN meeting for April (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN club meeting:
Meeting 4, 2018 Reno.

Date: April 12th, 2018

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 185 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno

Agenda

1. Club run discussion-Talk about our Petroglyph run on 4/21/18
2. Land Use issues.
3. Accounting report.
4. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.
5. Tech discussions:wrench:

New and Continued Business:

1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
2. Club shirts are for sale. Extra shirts ready at this meet.

No, it takes awhile for us to get an order together. It was also suggested that we consider a new design. It might not be that tough to get an order for the original design. We could poll to see who wants and needs shirts, an see if that would be enough to get another order going. Some guys wanted other colors which I think would be doable. Black I think.

Last edited:
No, it takes awhile for us to get an order together. It was also suggested that we consider a new design. It might not be that tough to get an order for the original design. We could poll to see who wants and needs shirts, an see if that would be enough to get another order going. Some guys wanted other colors which I think would be doable. Black I think.

Sounds good! My son is a very good graphic artist. I have hired him (literally!) to draw up some ideas to run by the group at the meeting. He is focusing on two - three color, high contrast designs to reduce printing costs and make the logo pop. I also found an online vendor that can do shirts for around $12/ea if we are ordering a certain amount, can't remember the exact amount at the moment. No obligation of course, but I know he can do some amazing work and figured it would be worth the time to get our creative juices flowing. ;)

Let me talk with my co-worker that used to be a sales/artist at a local shop here in Carson to see what best place is to get this done. @Tony_Farson once your son has his drafts done lets take a look!

My son is working on a website for his artwork. You can check it out here if you want. Illustrations | Reno | Riley Farson Graphic Artist click the "show more" link at the bottom of the page to see all the work). The one below is one of my favorites and provides a good example of a three-color high contrast design using silhouette...

669bf1_004b64995de9485294b9fb326f4a1d24~mv2_d_2160_1332_s_2.png

This is from a game called Titan Fall 2 that he is presently addicted to. It is a mech/robot (black) and a pilot (white). He should have a draft of the logo available for review soon and definitely before the meeting. I will post the draft here when it is done.

BTW, I won't be able to make this month meeting as I'm putting on a Stillwater Nymphing clinic... and looks like I'll also miss the club run due to other volunteer work. Have fun!

Well Kurt. Hope your Nymphing clinic goes well:rofl:. I know they were cleaning up the pinenuts that weekend but thought it was moved to Sunday.?

Last edited:
Still planning to make the run but looks like I am missing the meeting tomorrow. Gotta run up to the family cabin and do some woodpecker abatement. Bastards have been going at the backside of the cabin and put some massive holes in the side of the building.