BBCNN CLUB RUN to COYOTE FLATS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan,

I realize that you didn't really push them, but how did you like the new tires?

Highway? Mileage? Grip? etc....

Jack

I like the tires ALOT! To be honest I have to take them back as I, after picking the rig up after install, have a slight out of balance vibe between 40 and 50mph. But butter smooth all other speeds.

Sidewalls are actually more compliant than the Toyo OC AT. Last weekend I ran 28.5lbs rear and 31lbs front and they were perfect for that terrain. This psi will seem high to all using 315R75 16 but with my size of 285R75 18, due to the lower overall volume and rim to tread measure you run these higher psi. Both the Toyo OC AT and these Goodyear MT/R Kevlar are E rated tires.

Noise is about 50% of the original MT/R's I had: Not AT quiet but quite acceptable. On road cornering isn't as secure as the OC AT (to be expected). Having said that they are WAY better on the road, including cornering, than the old MT/Rs: Again quite acceptable given their off-road: Comfort, grippiness and overall traction/performance.

On road comfort/compliance was noticeably better with the new Goodyear MT/R Kevlar's than the Toyo OC AT! The difference was noticeable immediately after having them installed. The Toyo's are one STIFF tire...surprising for an AT!

I don't have empirical data, like Imelda would have by now ;), but I'm getting the same range from my full tank which tells me the MPG is the same as the Toyo's. Although I haven't weighed them, again I would get spanked by Imelda :D, the Goodyears seem a little lighter than the Toyo boat anchors. I need to R&R a rear axle seal...so I will post the weight difference then. But I would expect the MT/R Kevlars to indeed be lighter due to the fact I don't have a change in MPG.

Last year when we were at SW I chunked my OC AT's. No shear or chunks this trip with the MT/R Kevlar.

So far its by far the best tire I've had on my rig.

Last edited:
Ya, Dan as soon as the new MT/R 's hit the market I have been waiting for the Toyo MT,s to wear out.
( even though the Toyo MT's have been the best tire Ive owned thus far , just a bit heavy )

ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom