SOLD Bay Area, Alu-Cab Gen 3 RTT Black, gently used of new if needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the money set aside for an Alu-Cab Gen 3 RTT in black and hoping to find one gently used, or new if I have to. I have my heart set on that one so if anyone here has the hookup for a deal let me know! Thx

I just bought one today from ok4wd free shipping now tax

same here just bought one from ok4wd as there really isn't a secondary market for these tents. Although there is one for sale in socal but he's asking near retail (will only sell if you buy the awing as well) and he suggested to buy from ok4wd for the warranty. PM me if you want to get a hold of him.

same here just bought one from ok4wd as there really isn't a secondary market for these tents. Although there is one for sale in socal but he's asking near retail (will only sell if you buy the awing as well) and he suggested to buy from ok4wd for the warranty. PM me if you want to get a hold of him.
I forgot to update this thread, but I also couldn’t find a good second hand option so bought one from the guys at MudRak in Sonoma. It also felt good to support a local shop and have a full warranty. But damn $$$

I thought about mudrak as well but it was just cheaper at ok4wd since it's free shipping and no tax. how much did you end up paying at mudrak if you don't mind me asking? Also what rack are you using to mount it?

I thought about mudrak as well but it was just cheaper at ok4wd since it's free shipping and no tax. how much did you end up paying at mudrak if you don't mind me asking?
$4,300 after tax. So I could have saved a few hundred ordering directly from OK4WD, but the guys at MudRak also helped me get it out of the box and onto the roof rack. That was worth some money. 😬

Just this one right now.

7A188F1C-390F-408D-9161-3BE1280A5441.jpeg

that is a pretty good deal. essentially getting the awning for free. unfortunately my order is in transit.

View attachment 1957287

my wife and I are in our 60's, she did not like climbing ladder in the middle of the night, I love it, but a happy wife, a happy...
Ah yes I see. My wife is in her early 40s and she’s already done with a RTT. So now if the whole family comes we bring the Sportsmobile.

On an unrelated note- I find the rain cover to be quite “flappy” when the springbars are installed. Looking at your picture it seems to more taught than mine. Anyone else have that issue?

I thought about mudrak as well but it was just cheaper at ok4wd since it's free shipping and no tax. how much did you end up paying at mudrak if you don't mind me asking? Also what rack are you using to mount it?
Sorry I didn’t answer your other question- it’s mounted to an Eezi-Awn K9 rack.

I am thinking about buying from ok4wd, but also have an opportunity it to purchase used (from soneone I don't know) a Gen 3 tent and awning for @ good price. How is The ok4wd warranty? Is there no warranty from alu cab if bought 2nd hand?

I am thinking about buying from ok4wd, but also have an opportunity it to purchase used (from soneone I don't know) a Gen 3 tent and awning for @ good price. How is The ok4wd warranty? Is there no warranty from alu cab if bought 2nd hand?

I believe the warranty is 1 or 2 years. I don’t think it works like buying a used car that’s still under warranty. The guy in SoCal had his warrantied through ok4wd with Alu-cab approval after a year of use due to leaks.

OK4WD is/was the distributor for Alu-Cab. They also covered our first one under warranty due to it was damaged internally and leaked. Super happy now. It took a long time to get the replacement (think most of the summer) but we are happy now. Love the tent and awning. Aweesome stuff.

42974439_10214575677519287_593285788469297152_n.jpg

there seems to be a lot of problems with leaking on these tents. could this be related to only the early builds and now that it has been out for several years if not more the problem is fixed? Mine is just sitting in the garage waiting to be installed, hope it doesn't leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom