Battery light came on.

As I was driving, my battery light came on. I used my OBDll and found nothing wrong. My battery in about 7mo. old. What do you guys recommend?

Using a volt meter check the battery when it is running. If it isn't high 13 low 14 volt your alternator is probably bad.

If you have the OEm alternator, simply replace the OEM brush kit ($15 value)! Also apply some dielectric grease to the rear wireplug when installing!

Thx. will do.
What voltage did your OBD2 provide?

Report back after checking voltage at the battery with the engine off, and on..... before throwing parts at it.

What voltage did your OBD2 provide?

Report back after checking voltage at the battery with the engine off, and on..... before throwing parts at it.
Hey, checked the battery while engine running and 11.3 volts. Charging battery now, will replace alternator.

Hey, checked the battery while engine running and 11.3 volts. Charging battery now, will replace alternator.
Right on, sounds like you are on the right track. The replacement isn't too bad, I think I wiggled mine out from underneath with a bit of patience. I recall the wire harness being a pain in the ass to not bust off but it's all do-able.

Which do you recommend, 80A or 100A?
I didn't realize we had options. I would go with the higher amp option assuming it is a direct fit replacement. Are you buying aftermarket? What brand?

TXSunDevil

SILVER Star
I changed the brushes in mine when I did my timing belt. If you save your old one there are two shops in town that will rebuild it if you do not want to mess with it

Replaced the alternator. I should have removed the fan shroud for easier removal and install. Battery red light on dash gone and battery while running 14.19 volts. Had a rebuilt alt. Thanks to all who responded, I really appreciate all the info. my first LC.

Right on, sounds like you are on the right track. The replacement isn't too bad, I think I wiggled mine out from underneath with a bit of patience. I recall the wire harness being a pain in the ass to not bust off but it's all do-able.
Thx, your right. All of the comments, I experienced.

I didn't realize we had options. I would go with the higher amp option assuming it is a direct fit replacement. Are you buying aftermarket? What brand?
Yes they do have options for OEM

Toyota Part # 27060-50260-84 12V 100A (reman)

Toyota Part # 27060-50330-84 12v 130A (reman)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom