Baja Designs Employee Builds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.bajadesigns.com
Baja Designs Employee Builds

Here at Baja Designs, we are fortunate enough to spend time with some of the biggest names and companies in the off-road industry. Having this exposure helps creates some amazing vehicle builds from our fellow BD associates. With this being said we feel like it is time to showcase some of the builds coming from the great employees who work for us.

Starting things off right we have this purpose-built Lexus GX 470 owned by Bill. Bill works as our order allocator and in his spare time loves off-road and camping out of his Lexus GX. Bill's main design behind this vehicle is to be able to take a month-long trip and live off only the necessities while being able to push through those black diamond trails. This Lexus rolled into Bills' possession as a bone stock Ash Mica Blue Lexus GX 470 and has been built into this capable trail machine. This is Bill's first step into the off-road world coming from a heavy street scene past. Bill Is currently running Bilstein 5100 all around with front Eibach springs and rear Dobinson springs. He also has a pan hard correction kit installed as well.

6RVW8gh_Rigr3IuyZlAgqrLJWONFUGa2bG9gew26rXvOVZSweTRyBgcRmt2C-HPsZSfN9KQHjqb4Dnif1dIeTenIKtDF8BF1htzKQz96I3bdO_mG3eNNMO4TYFrSY_hAjvCIpvcIIxX7Pa3RDfM42CQ

Bill has pushed the limits of this vehicle to the point of breaking and upgraded only where he fit was needed. While working for Baja Designs Bill found himself head-deep in the off-road industry with a market full of suggestions and support. With those supporting faces behind his back Bill continues to upgrade this GX where he feels needed.

8S8SXcBSQnlmpOsjo2W5b3d7fMwbSRY-U7RyQ7DcO6mBM_UwdWCwsUxIOIybK46oTNMxvziv234MwilIO9D0F9BTreLK95kjTs91CIgLsacxBC_f8AMl4hdp_LndR46Oh6xmVdSPFSyeMqZ1zPwNucQ

Bill is currently utilizing our S2 Sport in a wide corner amber as a ditch light with CBI a-pillar brackets which provides him the dispersity of lighting he needs for the slow speed crawling he is doing achieving zone 1. Bill is currently considering more lighting and has been hindering adding a front bumper and some larger forward-facing driving lights to his setup.

EVidwYn_Q84FQd99-qBQdnnthEZ80o0xX_kfBTnZhzz2mIquIbjK0YScF_uo5qDlNFhZOhi3SwVfBN_8jkgDIIejThRxzDE77oe9MZe_McV5yiqItVrtq91g2OgESwkyssbgWSHJ1lR-9ZTikodWtYU

He has this paired with a set of dual Squadron Pros in the fog light location. One set of these Squadrons is equipt with a full wide corner amber lens giving him the perfect complement of light while running his S2 or performing amazing as a flood light when used alone. His additional Squadron Pro is paired with the driving combo clear lens allowing him to gain distance while getting this GX up to speed on those fast flat sections. Bill has played around with his lighting package while working for Baja Designs all throughout the uService program. This allowed Bill to change his lens patterns and color with the removal of 4 screws to achieve zones 1-3.

BP3o5TGMjOAskUFI71D31yQ7UcSFm_KJBDUwNHNzeIwqaxM081CrN3xHGUlmsqcpFDaJMVf9KHT9mUjq6kj0_ZTlxvp6BFLO9j20QoNIO0imDCipsw64RlycfgVjv5t4PE-s4DS20madrGIpOAXygrQ

Bills GX is also set up with our S2 Sports tuck up away on his rear end to avoid any dislodging while hitting the trails. This allows him to visualize any terrain behind him while faced with tight situations with nearby obstacles. Bill has also decided to utilize this light as a chase light while traveling in groups to alert others of his presence while in dusty or foggy conditions. With this lighting package, Bill is able to achieve lighting zone 8.

cqRFHb3pVtI6y6EzBEhN4FDuk0bSXv2ydwLITLy5R7c3PSR2-i4u4CqxRuCIRPT7JEdry_J3CENtIwfkmt40WHgrUXOcbZcDyYOmrHDWyBYDEr0FFKgPyRfYVF-Cdw2DDHdOWAOD-bCay4E1enNnigI

With this build being designed for a weekend in Joshua Tree or a week-long trip to Big Bear Bill has set up this GX to be fully livable. Some things that allow him to do this are his Napa Awning, a comfy bed and platform, storage totes, a fold-down Bison Gear table, and his portable camping gear.

B2Ef_oqdbobQB_19I5R5Az5CGBTzEI-5POZD8xe6XJlISr8m8kOXYFyksS9c49JDoKGtBFAIWQ9tDBT601isYxXltfB8jQcl1_qe4EINl1_XzME35eVpaiip_T0X7hVaof0hGBM8Srz3PueXUY4OaA0

As most of you know once a project like this starts it may never end, the future of this GX with be fully built out. Bills' future plans with this build include a Cali Fab 3 link kit, Total Chaos front long travel kit, Nguyen Works rear bumper, and possibly 35” tires. We want to thank Bill for all the hard work he puts in and for representing Baja Designs on his personal vehicle. If you have a GX that you are building as well comment with some photos, we would love to see some GX love. If you would like to browse Bills lighting package the links will be below.

MPX4UG5gxZLps2OeFvPa65V_hXga2m1WH9AmdyIVVnmxVwI2Z0v7ib8u5FdZU7YwZW1F6uo8WtKtKbeY_ebTpHKnbTV5gIZm_weEk9gsPVCBHxdXKmPGhPYaRbI6MgFIvolOhYCoqf0N2NDHh30JL1M

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home - Baja Designs - Off-Road LED & Laser Lights | Automotive, Jeep, Truck, UTV, ADV, Dirtbike - https://www.bajadesigns.com/

https://www.bajadesigns.com/help/lighting-zones/

S2 Sport Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal - Baja Designs - Off-Road LED & Laser Lights | Automotive, Jeep, Truck, UTV, ADV, Dirtbike - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s2-sport-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod-pair/?sku=547815

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s2-sport-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod/?sku=540015

Squadron Sport Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal - Baja Designs - Off-Road LED & Laser Lights | Automotive, Jeep, Truck, UTV, ADV, Dirtbike - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-sport-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod-pair-universal/?sku=557815

Squadron Sport Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal - Baja Designs - Off-Road LED & Laser Lights | Automotive, Jeep, Truck, UTV, ADV, Dirtbike - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-sport-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod-pair-universal/?sku=557803

Pretty standard modified gx, if you’re gonna use it to try and sell lights I think you gotta up your game some. Make some fogs that fit nicely, or offer up some serious discount for gx owners or take some photos not on pavement. Good luck.

Pretty standard modified gx, if you’re gonna use it to try and sell lights I think you gotta up your game some. Make some fogs that fit nicely, or offer up some serious discount for gx owners or take some photos not on pavement. Good luck.
This post is tailored toward the average consumer who doesn't have 100K to put into their build. This is not aimed to sell our lights but rather to spotlight an enthusiast that works for us and what he runs. If this was a sponsored vehicle it would have all of our bells and whistles but this is an employee-built vehicle on his dime. If you are after photos taken off-road I can provide you with them as this GX only sees pavement getting to the trails.
Cheers,
Brandon

How are the pods mounted in the fog light location? Looks like a metal plate cut to fit the footprint of the fog light recess? I've been thinking about DIY's a solution to mount a set of amber fogs and driving lights there, as the OEM fogs on these kind of suck.

How are the pods mounted in the fog light location? Looks like a metal plate cut to fit the footprint of the fog light recess? I've been thinking about DIY's a solution to mount a set of amber fogs and driving lights there, as the OEM fogs on this kind of suck.
He actually just mounted these to the plastic bumper utilizing the standard mount included with the lights which are why they are at an angle. There is a company that makes a fog light mount for these but it comes at a pretty penny.
Best,
Brandon

He actually just mounted these to the plastic bumper utilizing the standard mount included with the lights which are why they are at an angle. There is a company that makes a fog light mount for these but it comes at a pretty penny.
Best,
Brandon
Thanks. If I do this mod I might DIY something. My plastic bumper is getting kind of ragged anyway and will eventually be replaced with a real metal bumper.

Thanks. If I do this mod I might DIY something. My plastic bumper is getting kind of ragged anyway and will eventually be replaced with a real metal bumper.
Here is a link to those brackets I was referring to.
best,
Brandon

lame

Here is a link to those brackets I was referring to.
best,
Brandon
Thanks, I've seen them as well. Certainly a nice product and the price is reasonable considering the design effort. I have a sheet metal brake and other metalworking tools so it's NBD for me to fab something DIY.

Thanks, I've seen them as well. Certainly a nice product and the price is reasonable considering the design effort. I have a sheet metal brake and other metalworking tools so it's NBD for me to fab something DIY.
If you do share some photos.
Best,
Brandon

Welp, pulled the headlights today to replace all the bulbs (should have done that when I got new headlights, woops).

Found what I think is the culprit.
View attachment 3204576
Hard to tell from the picture but the inside is super corroded. The bulb wasn’t shot, but it was burned to hell and stuck in the socket.

Found 2 new harnesses at a local Lexus dealer. Got the bumper and headlights off. So I’m just gonna replace the harnesses and all the bulbs.

I don't think they need help selling lights...

Lame would be spending $$$ on these lights. This is a bog standard gx that exemplifies mediocre. But you go buy those cool ditch lights kid.

Hey Brandon, thanks for sharing. I’m glad you posted this, I think it’s cool. Nice to see what an employee at a company like yours runs on their personal vehicle.
Of course, happy you enjoyed the read.
Best,
Brandon

I actually enjoy a big company showing up and posting. That's a nice little 470 with some decent mods and a nice lighting package. I'm currently patiently waiting for my SAE updated fog lights to come back. I was hoping to have them before this weekends show and my trip next week, but it doesn't look like that's happening. I did get in my new hitch mount S1 though, and I'm very happy with it.
341535655_772463790853438_388812213811705014_n.jpg

341657024_919724695912293_2814064352000524527_n.jpg

333982747_3581028315517143_3261965697880270107_n.jpg

I actually enjoy a big company showing up and posting. That's a nice little 470 with some decent mods and a nice lighting package. I'm currently patiently waiting for my SAE updated fog lights to come back. I was hoping to have them before this weekends show and my trip next week, but it doesn't look like that's happening. I did get in my new hitch mount S1 though, and I'm very happy with it.
341535655_772463790853438_388812213811705014_n.jpg

341657024_919724695912293_2814064352000524527_n.jpg

333982747_3581028315517143_3261965697880270107_n.jpg
Love the build man and thanks for replying. We are doing our best to get the SAE upgrade done and sent back out but each day we are receiving more and more.
Best,
Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom