Baja California - Mexico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in New England. I will be in San Diego in June and want to rent an expedition-like vehicle to drive for a week or so down to/in Baja California coastline... basically, get a gps and some maps and just go.

I have emailes some rental car places and some mexican insurance places but no one seems to have capable vehicles... ones with at least a rear locking diff, on biard air for all the airing up and down in the sand etc... I am crazy or shouldn't someone rent trucks like this?

any help would be cool.

Skeddy and I ran into a couple in the Bay of Gonzaga who had done our route in a rented Ford Taurus....only one bashed trans pan. ::)

If it's your first time, and you'll be a solo vehicle, I'd keep it a pretty basic trip. If you can rent a standard SUV you'll be just fine. Make sure you get full insurance that's good in Mexico.

You might want to con the rental folks into giving you another spare tire (so you have 2) if the tires are road oriented...baja is mighty tough on tires.

Do a search for baja on the 80s list, and check our my earlier postings, Baja Mexico 1-3 on the Events/Trail rides section here, and let me know if you have any other questions....

-H-

thanks... will go search now. isnt it like a trillion degrees in june though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom