Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Manu!

There's a bad man in Kentucky (@bdyer12 ) that's putting ideas in my head about swapping in 80 axles and suspension :) I wish I had more spare time (and money)!

Thanks Manu!

There's a bad man in Kentucky (@bdyer12 ) that's putting ideas in my head about swapping in 80 axles and suspension :) I wish I had more spare time (and money)!
That’s a killer set up Dave

I know. Just need to find a cheap rolling frame. :)

Know of one in Houston if interested

Thanks Manu!

It’s only time and money

Started to work on the rear bumper. It's going slow with family, work, and school commitments. I'm planning on integrating a hitch and will tie into the rear cross member for added support. I don't plan on towing anything heavier than my little Bantam trailer, so I should be good.

20190416_194854.jpg
20190416_180620.jpg
20190417_182203.jpg

Quick update. I cut some plate to attach/sandwich the rear cross member. This will greatly stiffen up the hitch and bumper. I'll probably add some gussets to the tube for some additional lateral support.

20190419_161831.jpg
20190419_161702.jpg
20190422_160607.jpg

Thanks Hojack.

I burned in some gussets. I quit because my wife said I was going to piss off the neighbors with the loud grinder noise.
20190422_212013.jpg

Yeah, I could have shut the garage door, but it's starting to get warm and muggy. Beside, I have homework to work on :(

How much does that receiver tube stick out past the outer face of the bumper? You could whack a hole in the rear crossmember with the plasma or a hole saw pretty quickly and lob off the receiver stick out. Looks good otherwise, is that a kit or did you make those plates yourself?

I lopped off most of it and only have about 3/4" sticking out now. I made sure both of my hitches would work before I welded the tube in.

I'm building up a @Fourrunner kit that he sells. The only thing I'm adding is the reciever bits (tube, gussets, and crossmember plates).

What's the plan for safety chain mounts?

Getting an MBA.

What's the plan for safety chain mounts?

Good question. I was thinking of that today. Hojack might have something there.

I'm just wondering if they will be noisy clanking back there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom