Back from Montana road trip - rear ended in Tuba City (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We had an amazing 2500 mile road trip and I'll do a quick write up and post some pics tomorrow. Unfortunately - or maybe fortunately, I'm going to need a new rear bumper after getting rear ended on the way home. Any idea what the going rate is on a new OEM bumper? Trying to figure out how much I might have to spend on an unintended mod ;)

Nobody hurt, just enough impact to put a puncture in the rear bumper. The car in front of me stopped quickly to avoid a small dog in the road, I was able to stop just in time to avoid contact, but the pickup truck behind me couldn't stop quite in time (probably because he was towing a pretty big trailer).

Last edited:
Bummer , glad everyone is ok

Hope you had a great trip! Stinks on the bumper but, if that is all that was damaged, it may be a benefit. FYI, they have a group buy going for 4x4 labs. 10 to 15% off.

Just a flesh wound:

upload_2017-7-24_11-42-24.png

I recommend Tommy as well. He has done two bumpers for me and will most likely be doing a third.

I recommend Tommy as well. He has done two bumpers for me and will most likely be doing a third.

Any rear bumper design recommendations for me?

Any rear bumper design recommendations for me?
I found he was receptive to things I wanted. One suggestion, even if you do not plan on towing a trailer, spend the money and have a 7 pin connector wired into the bumper. @Chrismanjs might be able to send you some photos of the bumper installed on his 100. Tommy made it.

I found he was receptive to things I wanted. One suggestion, even if you do not plan on towing a trailer, spend the money and have a 7 pin connector wired into the bumper. @Chrismanjs might be able to send you some photos of the bumper installed on his 100. Tommy made it.

I can snap some pictures in a little! I also had my fab guy add a mount for a jerry can and a better place for license plate.

Here is one I have now can get better ones later

IMG_1136.JPG

Thanks! Anything you'd do differently if you were having it built now?

I like everything about it other then the latch... if you can see if there is another type available. I am always adjusting mine so it does not swing open on freeway or trail. if you want a jerry can and a hi lift mount have that done from the start so the paint matches etc. It holds up well and has taken a beating!

The only design thing would be have the tire behind the driver for visibility and maybe not have the hitch receiver down so low. That's the low point and what hits the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom