Back at it again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
As of Monday I pulled the bullit out of a 3 year hibernation, its still a great bike, but at nearly 50 pounds and I do little to no more jumping off 10 and 20 foot wood work. So I am looking to maybe jump into a full suspension bike around 28pounds.

My goal is to ride to work every day, my ride is only about 3K which is pretty short, I might look at making a bigger loop. Eventually once my endurance is better I will start headig to the woods, by no means am I a roady.

What is going to be light enough yet tough enough to do some 6 and 8 foot drops?

I say this because, I know I will succumb to a nice little down hill drop with a juicy tranny.

Any suggestions???

Rob

I'd look at Rocky Mountain bikes, your local brand. I ride the RM Element which is fast, stable, capable on the roads, etc., but it won't handle your 8' drops. Check out their website, as their bikes are really capable in every category.

I'll never buy another brand, it's just that good!

I'd look at Rocky Mountain bikes, your local brand. I ride the RM Element which is fast, stable, capable on the roads, etc., but it won't handle your 8' drops. Check out their website, as their bikes are really capable in every category.

I'll never buy another brand, it's just that good!

Im down with the local bikes, support our market.

Rocky Mountain is nice, wonder what Norco is building these days and I heard good things about Devinci?

Transition Covert or the Transition Preston, both bikes make me drool and wish I had more cash monies. They nearly got me to sell my cruiser to afford one... Nearly...

Transition Covert or the Transition Preston, both bikes make me drool and wish I had more cash monies. They nearly got me to sell my cruiser to afford one... Nearly...

I looked at the bottle rocket and its just to heavy for my new style of riding.

Rob

if you already have a dually, maybe you should consider a hardtail. sounds like you might want a bike that will take some abuse, but still get you around.
i love my freeride hard tail, for trail riding, jumping, anything. it certainly doesn't pedal super fast, but you don't sound like a spandex and shaved legs kind of guy. having a 50lb. dually. it is on fire with alittle assistance from gravity.
my room-mate has had a couple azonic steelheads, and they are a nice ride. definately tough and not very expensive either.
it's hard for me to keep the bike light, like the big tires.

:banana:

if you already have a dually, maybe you should consider a hardtail. sounds like you might want a bike that will take some abuse, but still get you around.
i love my freeride hard tail, for trail riding, jumping, anything. it certainly doesn't pedal super fast, but you don't sound like a spandex and shaved legs kind of guy. having a 50lb. dually. it is on fire with alittle assistance from gravity.
my room-mate has had a couple azonic steelheads, and they are a nice ride. definately tough and not very expensive either.
it's hard for me to keep the bike light, like the big tires.

:banana:

I would, but I am a little to old and overweight to jump back on a hard tail. Last ride I did on a hard tail after a hour I swore never to buy one.

Hard tails were my roots, heck hard tail and rigid front forks and 21pound Team Marin steel frame.

Rob

Hey Robb not too much to add but nice to have you back man. And riding your bike a lot again as well :)

Thanks Andre, feels really good and loosing weight feels even better., I really like my dark local brewed beer........ so they have not suffered at all for this indever......

I will meet with you one day soon on the mountain bike trail or cruiser trail.

The bike I will be choosing to ride might be in the Norco line, priced right and good quality.

Rob

Rob

If you are considering the Norco Fluid.....good choice. I had a 2006 that I quite enjoyed. It climbed well and was even more fun downhill. The frame was well built. You can build them up @ 30 pds which should suit your needs.

Don

a fluid is a sick bike
giant and trek is also a sick brand to look at for an all mountain bike.
but i think getting a fluid would be a good choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom